Chapter 7

I open the back door of the large building. The door opens up to a small garden. As soon as the cold air hits my face, I breathe. The small garden has tall trees on both its sides. There are not much people here. I am happy that I am alone and its way better than being with someone like Derek. The dim yellow light adds to my current mood and I hope to never see Derek again.

Derek's words play behind my mind. Stop acting like a slut! Your a whore! Fucking bitch.... I close my eyes trying to forget it. I still don't understand why did he take my scenario so seriously? When Jimmy and Aby told about theirs, Derek wasn't even caring. My scenario didn't have anything that would make him such an asshole.

"Hey", a voice breaks into my thoughts. I turn around to find Derek standing with a rose in his hand. He stretches out his hand holding the rose for me. Am I dreaming? I can't think straight. I am not drunk, but Derek has given enough hangover for tonight. I shake my head and rub my eyes.

It is Derek!

Oh so he is not done yet. He wants to throw even more insults at my face. The garden would be a nice place for our filthy argument and no one will even interrupt. That is why he is here. He wants to completely break me tonight and I am ready to be broken. But why is he giving me a rose?

"I'm sorry for being such a cock. I know I am a complete asshole. I'm sorry for my behavior tonight", Derek says and I gulp. My cheeks are soaked in tears, but Derek's blue eyes are also holding some kind of pain in them. I cant believe Derek is apologizing to me! I don't want to trust him this time. Maybe all of this is some kind of lame joke he is trying to play on me. The kind of words he told me doesn't deserve forgiveness.

"I am sorry Jazz", He says, his voice pathetic. I have never seen this pathetic side of his before. I know he is just acting in front of me like he is really sorry. I am not going to fall for his trap. Probably he does this to every girl. First he abuses her and insults her to the core and then he gives her a flower to compensate. Anyone can fall for him easily during these type of situations. How can he be so sweet.... He really deserves my forgiveness....., But I am well aware of his games and I refuse to play along with it. Yes, Derek Jeremy can be sweet but only when he gets something out of it. After all that is why he is the 'College's Romeo!'

"Jazz?", His tone is unsure and I look up at him. 

"Call me Jessie!", I snap. What did he think? He can say shit to me and can come here and ask for forgiveness by giving me a rose? What does he want to prove?

Derek is angry. His soft blue eyes is now wild and fierce. I hate him this way. I knew he was just acting and trying to prove that he is all sweet by giving me the rose, but I really wished it was real. Derek is back to his normal behavior and I am ready for a comeback. 

"You know I shouldn't have even come here! You are really a bitch!", he snaps and drops the rose onto the mud. The cold air hits his face and his hair keeps on falling on his forehead, but he doesn't bother to move it. Jazz.. concentrate on his words, my subconscious reminds me.

"Then you should not waste your fucking time talking to this bitch!, I turn my back to him before he can say something. Derek needs to just mind his own business. I literally feel like killing him right now.

I pull out my phone and it is 1 in the morning. I quickly leave a text for Aby saying that I am leaving this damn place. The apartment is just two miles away from this club and I can just walk back. I reach out for the door handle stepping out of the club.

The streets are still busy and crowded. You are never alone in New York. I make my way back to the apartment. I need to get my car here as soon as possible. Jennet hasn't yet spoken to me about my car. I need to call her tomorrow at any cause. 

I reach the apartment and feel terrible. My feet is aching and I remove my heels. It was a bad idea to go to the club. I don't know what am I going to do tomorrow. Derek will be there in almost all of my classes. I fucking hate him, but still somewhere I do care for him. It was a really good approach by Derek to convince me. I really loved the way he held a rose for me. He looked so adorable with that frown on his face and the dim light in the garden made him look even more attractive. His words has made a deep way into my heart and my heart aches at each and every word of his. 

My phone chimes. Its a text from Aby.

*I am so sorry Jazz. Josh could drop you back. We are leaving the club right now *, The message reads. 

I keep my phone aside and gather my books for tomorrow's classes. I change into pajamas and drift off to sleep, before Josh and Aby returns. I don't want to face them or answer any of their questions. So its better to sleep and escape from reality.