Chapter 56

I am attending way too many events now. First it was the bonfire and now its Jimmy's party. I glance at Aby, as we enter the house. She looks so confident and her outfit is so bright and sexy. Aby always likes to dress up and she spends hours doing it perfectly.

Once I enter the house, I gulp. It looks more like a frat house. Tons of people are dancing and are holding their drinks, some spilling over and some finishing it. I am not sure if I should meet Jimmy. Its his party and moreover I am not invited. I still remember his words during the bonfire.. I want to fuck you Jessie..

"Jazz?", Aby's voice pulls me out of my thoughts. The music is loud and we both make our ways through the crowd. 

At the end of the hall, there is a glass door, which opens up to a big swimming pool. Its not empty either. I carefully search for Derek and Josh. Of course they would be together. My eyes travel to the small bar right next to the pool. It is crowded and I am afraid if either Derek or Josh is drunk.

"Let's talk to Jimmy?", Aby asks pointing her hand out. I follow her hand and see Jimmy walking towards us. I shift uncomfortably. "I guess that is not a good idea", I say. She does not know what happened at the bonfire.

"Jazz, I know you are not in good terms with Jim, but that's Ok. Its his party and it'll be rude if we ignore him", Aby says. I know she is right, but Jimmy wanted to fuck me.

Jimmy comes near us and I notice his face. All the bruises and cuts have faded now. He is holding a beer bottle in his hand and I look away when he sees me.

"Hey Aby.. glad you came", Jimmy says looking at me. I feel so uncomfortable under his stare, but I cant help it. What was I thinking coming here?

"Yeah.. I brought Jessie with me", Aby says and gives me a smile.

"I will try to stay away from her", Jimmy says, winking at me. Didn't he get enough from Derek? I simply roll my eyes at him and he smirks.

"Pool party?", Aby asks taking a look at the pool.

"Not really.....", Jimmy says looking at my attire. His eyes moves from my bust to my shoes. He is eyeing me carefully. What is there to look at? I am not dressed like Aby after all..

"Ok so.. enjoy the party, I'll catch you guys later", Jimmy says and walks away from us and I sigh in relief. 

"Strange!", Aby says and rolls her eyes.

"Can we concentrate on our mission now?", I ask and she raises her brows. Everybody's eyes are on Aby's dress and I feel like slapping myself for letting Aby wear such exposing clothes. I don't want any sort of attention on us. It just doesn't go well with me. 

We search almost every corner of the house, but Derek and Josh isn't found anywhere. Maybe they're not here. Aby pats on my shoulder and gestures me to look at the stairs.

"Maybe they're upstairs?", Aby asks and looks at me. I nod and look around one more time before going upstairs.

This definitely looks like a frat house. There are so many rooms upstairs and a small bar is at the end of the hallway. I take a look at Aby and her eyes are filled with tears.

"Aby?", I ask, nervously. When Aby doesn't answer, my eyes follow hers. My mouth drops when I see Josh kissing a blonde in the hallway. She is pressed against the wall and his hands are wrapped around her waist. I can't imagine Josh cheating on Aby at all. Probably, the relationship I thought was perfect was not that perfect after all.

I look at Aby and she is weeping. I can feel her pain of betrayal and she doesn't deserve to be treated like this. Without telling anything, Aby quickly walks away, downstairs. I don't stop her or follow her. Instead, I walk towards Josh and the blonde. 

"Josh!", I yell. The entire hallway looks at me, but I am least bothered now. Josh flinches and looks at me with wide eyes. 

"What the hell is this!?", I yell. I will never allow anyone to hurt Aby, not even Josh.

"You fucking cheated on Aby! How can you do this Josh!?", I yell at his face. The blonde rolls her eyes and I feel like slamming her head against the same wall.

"Jazz.. I can explain..", Josh stammers.

"Shut up Josh! There is nothing left to explain! Its over!", I yell one last time before waking away from him. 

When I reach downstairs, I look around for Aby. I come near the pool and my phone buzzes. Aby's name flashes on the screen and I hope she is okay. 

"Hello.. Aby!", I say over the phone.

"Jazz.. don't worry. Jim is dropping me back home. I am safe with him", her voice cracks. Aby safe with Jimmy? I don't think so.

"Why didn't you wait for me? We could go back home together", I say in a rush.

"You wanted to meet Derek right?", Aby says and I sigh. 

"Ok take care", I say quickly and hang up the phone.

True that I wanted to meet Derek, but right now I am too pissed. Talking to him will only trigger my emotions more. I think I should leave now. Wait... what if Derek is also making out with somebody? It is a party and you cant tell anything. If Josh can slip, then Derek can fall.

I turn around and make my way to the small bar next to the pool. The bartender smiles at me and places a glass filled with a drink. I don't know what exactly it is, but taking a sip wont hurt. I grab the glass and immediately I am remined of the time when I was drunk at the bonfire. I shouldn't drink now, that is the last thing I should be doing. However, taking a sip wont hurt I guess. The fact that Aby and Josh broke up because of me, makes me feel more guilty and weak. So, I bring the glass to my lips and finally decide to take a sip.