Chapter 24

Jen, Aby and I get dressed very quickly. We three are twinning and I capture a picture on my phone. We are wearing a maroon colored jumpsuit with white sneakers. Jen and Aby looks stunning and I inform Jen about not wearing my specs anymore. We carry our backpacks and leave out of the apartment. 

We climb into my black elantra and I really miss Josh. He couldn't come with us because of his prior plans with the family. Jen is on the driver's seat, who is a very good driver. I sit at the back allowing Aby to take the passenger seat and Jen pulls up onto the highway.

New York city never sleeps. The streets are filled with people as usual and I whine about the traffic. Aby stuffs her mouth with chips and I laugh hard. "So tell me something about NYU. Are you enjoying your college cub?", Jen asks me looking from the rear view mirror. What do I tell her about college? My entire life now involves only Derek. But I cant tell Jen about it now, I will tell her about everything when I visit home for the next weekend. Aby and I exchange few glances when Jen asks me about NYU. 

Finally after fifteen minutes, we pull up in front of a huge arch on which the words 'Indoor skydiving' is written in big white ink. We climb out of the car and head to counter. The music is playing in the background and the place is not as crowded as I assumed it to be. The women at the counter asks us to sign a waiver. After all the procedures and payment, we walk in.

The blue and purple colored interiors amazes me. There is a long and vertical, transparent wind tunnel at the middle of the hall and many people wearing red and blue skydiving suits are waiting for their turn.

"Hey", a male voice from behind stops us. We turn to look at a man wearing a white colored suit approaching us. He comes near us and hands over our costumes. I choose to go with blue and quickly grab it. The three of us head to the dressing room and quickly wear our suits.

After almost half an hour, it is our turn to enter the wind tunnel. A highly trained and certified instructor is already inside the tunnel with us and I am glad at his presence. We three stand in a straight line and Aby is way too excited than I thought. Slowly I can feel air in the tunnel raising up, lifting our bodies upwards. I try to balance myself and Aby squeaks. Jen screams and within minutes we are floating in the air. The floor beneath us is transparent giving us a real feel of skydiving. The air hits against my face and I stretch out my hands and legs even further. The fun that we are having is beyond my imaginations. Aby screams and does a summersault in the air and I laugh hard. Jen goes down and comes up in a really fast pace. I try to take a turn of my body, but my balance doesn't support me. It actually feels like we are in the sky and I close my eyes when the air hits harder on my face. 

Finally after our amazing experience, we exit the building and continue on our drive. We stop at a carnival and barge in. My favorite is the giant wheel and I quickly climb in. Aby and Jen joins me and we click tons of pictures on the wheel. Its already noon by the time we finish enjoying all the rides and playing pinball. Jen orders three cheese pizzas and it tastes amazing. Aby ends up paying the bill and we decide to go the mall for shopping.

The mall is crowded than usual and we struggle to make our way inside. Jen grabs a black jumpsuit and Aby settles for a purple frock. I pick a white short skirt and pink tank top, I really like it and wish to wear it to college. I need to be really careful about my outfits or else Derek will really lose his calm. He does cares for me and I know somewhere in the corner of his heart he does loves me. After Jen pays for all our dresses, we exit the mall and drive back home. I really enjoyed the girl time which we had today. Aby and Jen are a great company to be with. 

We come back to our and it is already evening. Aby calls up Josh and tells him about all the things that we did today. I adore their relationship so much and I wish to have Derek's number as well. I tell Jen about my college, everything except Derek and Aby tells about Josh. We end our day by watching a movie named "The call". I close my eyes in between few scenes and Aby holds a pillow in her hand. The movie ends and we three wish each other goodnight and head to our rooms.

I need to tell Jen so many things and I cant wait for the next weekend. I need to tell her about Isha and Kay too. Aby doesn't know about the things that took place at Kay's house. I don't want to tell her about Derek's ridiculous behavior. My weekend is spent well and for the very first time, I wasn't alone. My date with Derek went on well and today I had my best time with Jen and Aby. 

.......................

The next morning, Aby and I bid goodbye to Jen. I am thankful that she came all over from Texas to drop my car in New York. Jen gives me a warm hug and I kiss her cheek. Aby too hugs Jen before she climbs into the taxi and leaves. Its 8 in the morning and I am not even properly dressed for the college. Aby told me to continue my travel with Josh and her. I like the fact that Aby doesn't feel like I am intruding her privacy with Josh. I quickly put on my NYU sweatshirt and tie my shoe laces. Josh fills Aby's inbox with messages and she whines each and every time when her phone chimes. I try not to laugh at her expression and quickly grab my bag from the table. We hurry up and leave the apartment. 

Its 9, when we reach the campus. I quickly climb out of the car and rush to my value education class. I am late and I hate it. I somehow make up to the class ,panting. I slam open the door and everybody looks at me with wide eyes. Professor Kenneth is already in the class and I hate the fact of being late today. I look down slightly embarrassed by the attention.