Chapter 66

I stand up from the bed and walk towards Derek. He pushes his hair back and turns around to look at me.

"Its my turn now", I say. Its been so long since I've touched him. I want to make him feel as good as he makes me feel every time.

"What?", Confusion covers his face.

"I want to make you feel good...", I say and slightly get embarrassed.

"No", Derek says flatly.

"What do you mean by no? Why can't I touch you Derek?", I say and raise my voice little. I remember him refusing me even before. But why can't I touch him? Doesn't he like me being around him? Or does he hate to feel my touch against his skin?

"Jazz.. please...", He looks away.

"I need answer", I say firmly.

"There will be a time when I will tell you to lay your hands on me, touch me and that time I won't stop you Jazz", Derek says.

"Ok", I say and fake a smile. I don't want to push him further. I would never touch him without his permission though.

Derek smiles back at me and wraps his arms around me. I lean against his chest and sigh.

"Let's go get lunch", Derek says into my hair. Lunch? I pull away and look at the small alarm clock on the dresser. It 12 noon.

"I need to go...", I say and panic. How did I allow my desperation to take over my mind? I had to hurry up for work. Its my second day and the thought of taking a holiday makes me feel guilty.

"Stay with me please", Derek says and looks into my eyes. He knows how hard it is for me to refuse him. I give up and nod in agreement. However, nothing is more important than Derek for me. Time flies when I am with him and I didn't realize that it was afternoon already. 

Derek and I leave the apartment and pull onto the highway. The entire drive is quiet and we arrive at a small restaurant named "Laza Dine". I look around and Derek quickly holds my hand. I smile at him as we enter the restaurant. 

The place is very small, but Derek had assured me that the food prepared here will be delicious. I trust him and I know he is never wrong. We take our seats at a corner table and wait for the waiter. The restaurant is almost empty and a light music is playing in the background.

Within seconds, the waiter arrives, "How can I help you?", he asks us and keeps the menu card on our table. I give him a smile and look at Derek. He rolls his eyes at me and I quickly take the card from the table. I look through the items and the prices. I don't know if I have enough money to pay for both of us because the items here are pretty costly. I should not think that Derek will end up paying for both of us. Does he have money? I doubt that. He probably spends all his savings in buying drugs and alcohol. I cringe at the disturbing thought and shake my head.

"Madam?", the waiter asks looking at me again. He is waiting for my order and I am busy worrying about the bill. I mentally roll my eyes. 

"I will go with noodles and curd please", I say and hand over the menu to Derek. Derek looks surprised and I turn to look at the waiter, his face is also covered with the same expression.

"I want a cheese burger and a coke. Bring it soon, we don't have the entire day", Derek remarks and the waiter turns around and walks away without telling a word back.

"That was rude!", I say looking at Derek. Surprisingly he laughs and pushes his hair back.

"Noodles and curd huh?", He asks me and I shrug.

"Why haven't you heard of it before?", I ask. What is so surprising in noodles and curd? I have eaten it for almost my entire life in Texas. 

"Its just not an usual match", Derek says and chuckles. How can I forget this is New York? Noodles and curd is not a very good combination. However I like it that way. Maybe that is why even the waiter was stunned at my choice.

"Ok", I simply say. Within ten minutes, the waiter arrives with our order. I am very hungry and my stomach growls. The noodles tastes amazing and I hope Derek is enjoying his burger. 

"Have you been here before?", I ask swallowing my noodle.

"Yes, Mr. Laza is my father's friend", Derek says and takes a sip of his coke.

"Mr. Dawson is very sweet and I really like him", I say and wipe the corners of my mouth.

"Mr. Dawson?", Derek brings his brow together. Did I tell something wrong?

"Yeah... your father...", I stammer. The fear of Derek bursting out in this restaurant makes me nervous.

"Jazz...", He says softly.

"What?", I ask quickly. 

"Nothing. I guess we should talk more about each other. Not about our families", He says. I don't want to argue with Derek, so I say, "Ok."

"So what are your plans after graduation?", Derek asks me and I smile.

"Interior designing", I say proudly.

"What about you?", I ask. I am curious to know about Derek's plans about his future.

"I don't know", he says, taking a bite of his burger.

"Tell me something about you", Derek says, staring at me. Suddenly, I feel like all the attention is thrown at me. 

I take a deep breathe before speaking, "Well.. I used to live in Texas with my mom, dad and my sister- Jennet. Just when the news broke out that I've been enrolled in the NYU, I decided to get my own flat and come here to New York. Maybe after my graduation, I will go back to Texas", I say and awkwardly smile. Derek is carefully listening to me. I cant ask him anything because I already know bits and bites of his life and I know he will never tell me the whole story.

"Ok", Derek says casually.

"Now... even I got to ask you something right? So no getting angry!", I playfully say. Derek laughs and then suddenly becomes serious. 

"I hate getting angry on you", He says seductively. 

"I hope so", I say and wait for his response.