Chapter 37

The visit to the church, makes me feel even more better. To kneel down in front of the lord and to confess my feelings and worries makes me so relaxed and calm. We even attended the prayer and took blessings from the church priest. 

"I think you need to call Derek", Jen says as we walk back to the car.

"Yes", Roy says from my side and I turn to look at him. Does he know about me and Derek?

"Jen told me about it", He says and I give Jen a scowl. She shrugs and rolls her eyes. Any how telling Roy about this is not a bad idea. He is like my elder brother and I know he will not let this matter spread across.

"I think you need to call him right away", Roy says and I nod with a smile.

I do as instructed. Its weekend and I really hope Derek is with his family, not doing any unwanted things. I dial his number and it rings. I impatiently wait for him to pick up the call. Is he with Kay and Isha? What will I tell him once he pick up my call? Derek doesn't pick up my call and it directs me to his voicemail. I don't want to assume what he must be doing. Is he taking drugs again? is he drunk? is he with some other girl? 

"Jazz?", Jen shakes my shoulder and I come back to reality. "He is not answering", I say and Roy places a hand on my shoulder. "It'll be fine. Don't worry", he says assuring me.

We climb into the car and drive back home. I am silent during the entire drive and keep checking my phone. Derek doesn't call me back and I worry if something is wrong. I know he is angry with me, but I need to know if he is ok.

"Jazz let it go", Jen says and leans on my shoulders.

We reach home and I silently step inside. I head to my room and dial Derek's number again. It goes unanswered and I am irritated and annoyed. Why cant he pick up my call!? 

"Jazz let it go as I said! why are you so restless?", Jen says entering the room. I know I am acting silly but Derek is unpredictable. I know he can do worse things, but I just want to talk to him now.

"I don't want Derek to end up in any trouble Jen", tears roll down my cheek. I am so emotional and I hate it.  

"You can call Aby", Jen suggests me. I can just assume Aby and Josh are having a great weekend. I don't want to spoil their happiness. However, how will Aby know about Derek?

"No its fine", I say and sigh.

The rest of the day goes by. Aunt Emma takes us out to watch a movie and I laugh when Roy stuff his mouth with popcorn that he couldn't even speak. We click pictures and decide to do a bit of bowling and shopping. My mood lightens up when Jen and Roy begins to enact Romeo and Juliet's play. I laugh along with them and for a moment I completely forget about Derek.

The next day, the family decides to go to aunt Emma's house. I am happy at the change, its been so long since I visited Roy's house last time. I remember, as a kid I always wanted my parents to shift to Roy's house. It was much bigger than my house and the thought of spending the whole time playing with Roy made me always happy.

The entire day at Roy's house passes, by playing video games and stuffing ourselves with snacks and cocktails. Aunt Emma cooks some amazing dinner and I finish my entire serving. I praise her for her cooking skills and hope to meet her soon again. 

Tomorrow is Monday and the thought of returning to New York feels new. Jen books my airline tickets and I give her one final hug before leaving. 

"I will miss you cub. Everything is going to be fine", Jen assures me and I kiss her cheek.

My weekend has gone very well and I feel refreshed. I hug mom and dad and softly wipe their tears. I also hug Roy and thank him for spending his weekend with me. Aunt Emma kisses my forehead and leads me outside.

I see the taxi waiting for me and give one final wave to my family. I quickly climb into the taxi and the driver heads to the airport. I board the flight and take one final look at Texas. I will miss this place so dearly and I am not sure when will I be back here again.

Texas <-------------------------> New York

New York: 

(Night)

I open the door and step inside the apartment. The scent of the apartment fills my senses and I take a look at the apartment. Aby is not home, so I leave her a text message. 

*I reached safely. xoxo *, I text Jen assuring her of my travel.

The apartment feels so new and I am so happy to be back after a long weekend. I walk to my room and sit down on the mattress. Suddenly my phone chimes and I look at the text message.

* I am so happy your back! catch you tomorrow at the college *, The message reads. I was sure Aby wouldn't be back tonight. I take a look at my inbox and call logs expecting to find Derek's name, but only to get disappointed. 

I am excited to see Derek tomorrow, after what feels like years. I know his weekend must not have been pretty exciting, but he chooses that every time over his family and I cant help it.

I am not sleepy and I don't know how to spend my time alone in this apartment. Probably I could take a walk, but now I am too lazy to step out. Instead, I pull out my Romeo and Juliet from the drawer and begin to read. Its a great escape from reality and can give me a good company until I fall asleep.

A thousand times the worse, to want thy light.
Love goes toward love, as schoolboys from their books,
But love from love, toward school with heavy looks.

........

Hey guys.. I know we are all missing Jessie and Derek moments, but I assure you that there will not be any long breaks between them anymore. Next chapters are like back to normal- Jessie, Derek and college. Sorry for dragging the weekend part so much and I know this chapter was quite fast.

But yeah, thank you for reading, 

vote and comment!!!

xoxo