Chapter 52

After hours of laughter and dozens of desserts, the day finally ends. I hug and thank Kay before leaving. I am happy that Derek was at his best behavior and made Kay and Isha so happy. Steve hugs Derek and Kay wipes her tears. Derek and I bid goodbye to the family and walk towards our cars. Derek black jaguar is standing right opposite of mine, I wonder how it remained unnoticed when I came here in the morning.

"Drive with me?", Derek asks as I try to climb into my car. I look at him and he smiles. 

"What about my car then?", I ask unsure. 

"You can travel with me until you come here next time to pick your car", He says. I don't think that is a good idea, but spending more time with Derek wont hurt.

"Ok", I say and toss my car keys into my bag. Derek chuckles and I quickly climb into the passenger seat of Derek's car and wave at Kay and Isha, before pulling off. Its 10 on the clock and we drive onto the highway.

"Where have you been during the entire week?", I ask and look at Derek. 

"No where", He says concentrating on the driving.

"Stop lying to me", I say firmly. Does he think I am a child?

"You shouldn't be bothered", He says. Oh. Why is he always like this? He just don't want to speak to me about his problems. Now, we are back to normal and I can sense where our conversation will end.

"I will be bothered Derek because you're bothered about me. Why did you even help me when I was drunk? You could just let Jimmy fuck me", I say and immediately regret it. Shit! Derek's jaw tenses and I feel like I have just turned on the fire alarm.

"So you wanted him to fuck you!!? Jessie don't try to fuck with me! tell me if you really like Jim or not!", He yells. I slightly flinch. I hate when we fight. 

"Why are you so angry Derek? Just because I called you pumpkin head when I was drunk?", I try to lighten the mood. I hope we stop fighting and go back to laughing with each other. But the trick doesn't work. Derek is still angry and his knuckles are strained against the steering wheel. I look away and my smile fades. I am just so tired fighting with him all the time. Since the day I met him, we have been fighting. Even after being so close with each other, we end up fighting each and every time. Until when is this going to happen? How far will I let this go? Will I be fighting with him for my entire life?

We remain quiet during the rest of the drive. Derek drops me in front of my apartment and drives away. I walk back to my apartment and open the door. I hate being alone, but right now I need my space.

The rest of the weekend passes by casually and I did nothing but think about Derek. Its of no use trying to call him or text him, I know he will only ignore me. Aby comes back after her visit to Washington. She tells me about her meet up with Josh's parents and how they actually want her to get married to Josh as soon as possible. I smile and give her a warm hug. The relationship between Aby and Josh is beyond my imagination and is so pure. I can never expect such things from Derek. Ever. 

I tell Aby about Derek's surprise visit to Manhattan. How ironic? It was supposed to be my surprise visit, but I myself got a surprise from Derek. Aby shakes her head in disagreement when I tell her about our fight afterwards.

"Do you two know anything else other than fighting?", Aby asks and shrugs. I try not to smile at her, but she is right. Actually we know nothing other than fighting and having sex.

..........

Finally, its Monday morning. I grab my coffee and head to my value education class. Venice greets me with a smile when I take my seat. Soon enough, Professor Kenneth enters the class and we wish him a very good morning. 

"So... its good to see everyone back after a great weekend", Kenneth says leaning against the lecturer's table. The students at the back, lets out a small laugh and Kenneth rolls his eyes funnily. I like the way he is so friendly with all his students. Value education is fun only because of him.

"Now, I've a good news for all you guys!", Kenneth literally squeaks. It must be a really good news then.

"The NYU is giving us an incredible opportunity by organizing a trip to New Jersey. You've got two days to submit your consent form. So think wisely and don't let this opportunity go away from your hands", Kenneth says and everybody starts on with their discussions regarding New Jersey. I am happy and beyond excited. I've never been anywhere else except Texas and New Jersey is something I have always wanted to explore.

"You're up for it?", Venice asks from my side. I look at her and shrug. Is Derek coming on this trip? I wish he did though.

"I think so Yes!", I say and smile at her. Venice laughs and cringes her nose funnily. 

"What about you?", I ask her. I really want her to come to New Jersey. It will be great fun.

"Yeah", she says and sighs. I give her an high five and we both burst out laughing. Peter passes on the consent form to everyone. I need to tell Jen about this, she will be very excited for sure. Anyway I have got two days to submit my consent form and that is more than enough to think. 

Value education class comes to an end and I quickly leave the room. Aby and Josh are taking a sip of their black coffee when I reach the canteen. I walk towards them and take a seat.

Hey....I know this chapter was kinda off, but I really tried to take the story forward in the best way... So yeah! let's see what happens during the trip!!

Thank you for reading :) Vote!! Comment!! Xoxo.