Chapter 53

"So you guys are up to New Jersey?", I ask looking at Aby and Josh. They sigh and nod at me. I am way too excited than others. But I cant help.

"Jazz.. we have one such trip every year in NYU", Josh explains. I never knew this before. I smile at him and start filling my consent form. Aby shakes her head at me, smiling. 

After drinking another cup of black coffee, I make my way back to the classes. I look around and my feet stops when I see Derek sitting across me on a concrete step. A blonde hooks her arms around his shoulders from behind and places a small kiss on Derek's cheek. He doesn't seem to be bothered, instead he looks at the blonde and gives her a smile. They look really close and I can feel the jealousy thrive into my chest. His back is against her chest and his hands rests on her thighs. I try to look away, but cant force it to happen. Immediately, Derek's eyes meets mine and I hope he pushes that bitch off him. I cant help but feel angry on him. However, I need to understand that he is single and is not my boyfriend. He can fuck who ever he wants and when ever he wants and I shouldn't be bothered. 

Surprising me, Derek takes the girl's hand in his and looks at me. What is he doing? I thought he would stop after he saw me, but it seems like he wants me to see it. Ok. I am tough too.

I cross my arms over my chest and smile at Derek. He is thrown off guard by my move and I can just feel it from his facial expression. What did he think? He would make me jealous and I would run and give him a kiss? That's not happening at all. Derek pulls the girl on his lap and she straddles over him. I feel like smashing her head against the floor when she wraps her arms around his neck, pulling him even closer to her. I can feel Derek's eyes on me. Why is he doing this? 

I shift uncomfortably when Derek pulls the girl more closer to his face. Is he going to kiss her? I will literally scream if he does that. I probably should get going. As long as I stand here, he will take more advantage of the situation. When Derek will realize that no one is actually paying attention to his cocky behavior, he will definitely stop his tactics. 

I look away and continue on my way. I don't bother to turn back and look at him. He can fuck that girl how many ever time he wants and I will not interrupt them. Soon enough, I can feel somebody's hand wrap around my arm. I stop on my way and turn around to find Derek. He pulls me back and I stand in front of him. He grips my shoulders and pulls me closer to him.

"Why don't you get jealous!?", he yells on my face. I don't understand if Derek is playing some lame joke on me. But I am sure he is doing everything on purpose.

"Why don't you stop me from touching others? Why don't you have any feelings for me Jazz..?", Derek asks softly and I can feel the air around us getting heavy. Of course I've feelings for him. I did get jealous, but I would never admit it. Why is he asking me this question now?

"What..?", I stammer. Our faces are only inches away and I know a slight movement would land our bodies together. Derek studies my face and slowly loosens his grip. I am not sure if I should pull him back to me, but I should know that we're standing in front of so many jobless people staring at us and clicking our pictures. I wonder what is so exciting. Whenever I am with Derek, everybody is just filming us, like we're some big movie stars.

"Fuck it.. Are you planning to go to New Jersey?", Derek changes the topic and I am glad he did that.

"I don't know.. I guess yes", I say and sigh. 

"What about you?", I ask. 

"Only if you're there", Derek says and my heart fills with joy. Of course I'll be there with him. It will be a feast to spend my entire trip with Derek. I could even tell him about my feelings.

I smile him and he returns my smile. I like the way he can change his moods so quickly. The bell rings and Derek rolls his eyes. I let out a small chuckle. "I'll see you around", he says and walks away from me. The blonde girl who was with Derek passes by me and I roll my eyes at her. Fucking bitch. 

I make my way to the next class. Miss Saniola gives me a hug when I present her an incredible design idea. After everyone exits the class, I come near her table. She gives me a smile, "Any help?"

"Well... I am really interested to take a program on Interior designing. If you could please help me?", I ask. I have nothing to do rather than college and notes. I like to have my own job, so I could help my parents pay the bills. Living in an apartment on your own, away from parents is not as easy as I thought it would be. Mom sends me the money every week, but I don't want to rely on them. I want to have my own job and earn money so that I can take care of myself without depending on my parents. 

"I know a company named- 'Bobby Build '. They're the leading Interior designing firm in New York and my husband is the vice manager there. You can apply for at least an internship", Saniola says and smiles at me. 

"Thank you so much. I can apply there after the trip I guess", I say and Saniola nods her head. 

"You will be great at it. Trust me!", She says and I wrap my arms around her. During these days, Saniola and I have really grown close to each other. Since, we mostly have the same taste in the designs, we bonded quite quickly.

Hey guys.. this chapter was very boring chapter I know, but could not help it. I had to include this for the story to proceed. What are your opinions???

Thank you for reading!! Vote and comment!!