Chapter 19

The door opens and Kay's beautiful smile welcomes us. She is wearing a apron and her hair is tied into a high ponytail. She looks so casual yet so elegant. 

"Welcome home sweetheart", Kay tells as I enter the house. I look around the house. The more it looks smaller from outside, the more it is huge inside. Brown leather couches are neatly arranged in the living room and the entire ceiling is covered in bright round lights. Ochre colored walls and red carpets adds a royalty to the interiors. A small staircase leads to the first floor and a tall middle aged man, wearing a blue suit ascends the stairs. His black eyes meets mine and I smile at him. The man returns my smile and I am sure that this is Derek's father. He looks so handsome and his dimples are way too adorable. 

"Hey! it is our pleasure to have you here", the man says smiling at me. "Me too", I say and Kay wraps her arms around my back, giving me a warm hug.

"This is Mr. Dawson", Isha says gesturing towards the man. 

The man takes a step forward and stretches out his hand in front of me "I am Steve Dawson. Very happy to meet you", He says and I shake his hands saying, "Hi I am Jessie Damon."

"Well, Steve needs to attend a very important meeting, so he'll be back soon!" Kay squeaks and Steve swiftly gives her a kiss and heads to work. Kay looks so happy and so calm compared to yesterday. To see her happy, makes me happy. 

"Steve works on the Wall Street. He is always very busy", Isha sighs and Kay pouts funnily, making me laugh. I haven't laughed for days, it really feels so good to be here with Derek's family. But I am still confused about Steve being Derek's father. They share no similarities and neither their surnames match.

"I will get you some pastries", Kay says and heads to the kitchen. I completely forget about the cookies which I had bought for Kay. So, I follow her to the kitchen. 

As I enter the kitchen, I see Kay pulling out three small glass plates from the drawer and placing  it on the counter. She looks at me and smiles. I keep the cookies box on the kitchen counter and Kay raises her brow at me. I chuckle "I bought these for you. I hope you like it", I say and Kay pulls me into a hug. "I love them!", She says and nods her head adorably. 

She hands me a piece of red velvet cake and I immediately shove it into my mouth. It tastes amazing and Kay's face lights up on seeing my reaction. Isha joins us after a while and helps Kay put the cake onto a big glass cake holder. 

"Did you meet my boy yesterday? I am so sorry I didn't know that you are Derek's friend too", Kay says wiping her wet hands. I don't want to blurt out something that I will regret later. Kay doesn't deserve to be in pain, she doesn't need to know about Derek's behavior.

"No well he is not so friendly with me", I lie and Kay shakes her head. Isha smiles at Kay and looks at me. 

"My boy just doesn't recognize good people. He is completely like his father I must say that", Kay says and funnily rolls her eyes. Isha and I chuckles. It is true that Derek's company is not so good. But I need not let Kay know about it.

In such a short span of time, Kay and Isha feels like a family to me and I am so lucky to have them in my life.

"Honey I think you should take Jessie upstairs. She will really like your room", Kay tells Isha. 

Isha leads me upstairs and I feel like I have landed in a new place. The sunlight fills the corridor and the wooden floor shines beneath us. Many photos frames are hung across the hall. Isha opens the bedroom door and I follow her inside. 

Isha's bedroom is all blue. The curtains, walls, bedsheets, everything is covered in nothing but blue. "Blue is our favorite color", Isha says sitting on the bed. She gestures me to join in.

"What does Roeksha mean?", I finally ask Isha. Its an interesting word, but I am not aware of its meaning.

Isha sighs before answering me, "Well... its the name of my siblings and myself, altogether put up as Roeksha. RO stands for Roseline, Ek are the letters in Derek's name and Sha belongs to me."

Roseline? Derek has another sister? But where is she? 

"Where is Roseline then?", I ask curiously and Isha's face frowns. Her eyes becomes shiny and I regret asking the question. I really need to learn to keep quiet.

"Well... she is no...", Isha is cut off by a loud yell. "Jessie! fucking come down!", a male voice from downstairs yells. Its a familiar voice I've heard before. Isha and I get up from the bed and walk downstairs. 

As I reach downstairs, I see that the carpets are messed up and the flower vase is fallen down, the curtains are pulled down and water is spilled on the leather couch. Kay is standing at the corner of the living room, looking down at the floor. My mouth falls when I see Derek standing in the middle of the room with a wine bottle in his hand. His eyes meets mine and he slams the bottle against the wooden floor. I flinch and Kay closes her eyes. 

"Derek!", Isha yells. But it has no effect on him. I feel terrible for Kay. The happiness I saw in her eyes is now devastated. 

"Don't you dare shout at me Isha! What is Jessie doing here!?", He yells. Why is he even angry and how did he get to know about me being here?

"I was invited", I manage to say. I sound so pathetic and so helpless at the same time. Derek pushes his back back from his forehead and points a finger at me.

"Look. You leave I leave or else this place is going to turn into a mess!", Derek warns me. I need to leave now or else nothing will end well. I don't want this beautiful house of Derek's to turn into a destruction. So, without any further thoughts, I walk towards the door and reach for the door handle.

"Jazz?", I can hear Kay's voice from behind, as I step out.

"Shut the fuck up", Derek's yells and slams the door behind us.  

A black jaguar is parked in front of Isha's car and I assume it to be Derek's. Silently I climb into the passenger seat and wait for Derek. I am beyond pissed and angry. He is always accusing me of hanging around him, but what is he doing now? He spoilt my entire weekend and I hate him for doing that.

Seconds later, Derek joins me in the car and starts the engine. He pulls onto the highway and I feel like jumping out of the car.