Chapter 9

I can't believe that Derek is in my apartment. He is sitting on the couch and I am completely confused at his behavior. The last time, he was the one who told me that I was acting like a whore and was interrupting in his life, but now he is the one who is in my apartment!

"Why are you even here Derek? Aren't you done throwing insults on my face? ", I ask calmly. I am trying to sound as polite as possible. Its been a week since I saw him and I want so many answers from him.

I take a minute to look at the handsome boy in front of me. Its been a week since I saw his blue eyes and I honestly missed it so much.

Derek is wearing a white plain T-shirt with normal black pants. His hair is loosely hanging at its sides. His lips are a shade of light pink. He looks so damn attractive and its takes every inch of me to stop staring at him.

I sit down next to him. The couch seems so small for both of us. He lets out a light chuckle, which throws me completely off' guard.

"Why are you here?", I ask again and Derek turns to look at me. My stomach flutters when he wets his lips before speaking.

"Why are you even bothered!", He snaps. I hate the way he speaks to me. Why is he always angry and pissed at me? Why can't he speak to me like the rest of the people he speaks to?

"I like growing pains", Derek says with a little smile on his face. I love this adorable side of Derek. His smile is something I can die for.

"I am sorry for behaving like that in the club", Derek says, looking at me.

"Where have you been the entire week?", I ask and his eyes lights up. To be honest I have really missed Derek during the entire week.

"I was home. In Cappadocia", he says.

Oh. I am more curious now. I want to know more about this beautiful boy next to me.

"I really missed you.. I guess", I say standing up from the couch. Its so intimidating to sit next to Derek.

Seconds later, I can feel Derek wrap his hands around my waist from behind. My body ignites from his touch, my pulse is rushing and my breathing is raised.

"I know you missed me", he whispers in my ears. His words are so intense and so heavy that I feel myself draining in his arms.

I turns me around to look at him. His blue eyes are wild and desperate. His lips are wet and parted. I have no control over my body and my mind. The silence in the apartment is so dangerous and Derek is staring at me with those bright blue eyes of his. Pushing away all my thoughts, I finally press my mouth against his. His hands moves to my cheek and cups them. His tongue sweeps across mine and I can feel a taste of vanila. My body is on fire and Derek is burning me more.

I tug at his hair to realize that it is so soft and it easily slips away from my hand. Derek pulls the shirt over my head and I moan into his mouth. What am I doing? Is it right? Are we going to have sex now? Derek and me?

Derek pushes me onto the couch and hovers over me. His blue eyes pours into mine and he leans closer to press his soft lips against mine. The kiss is soft yet so passionate. Stop it Jazz.. my subconscious reminds me.

Reading my thoughts, Derek suddenly pulls away from the kiss. His blue eyes holds nothing but desperation.

"What's wrong?", I stammer.

"Would you allow me to ruin you?", Derek asks with uncertainty in his voice. I don't understand what is in him that he wants to ruin everything and everybody around him. Why does he want to ruin me? why is he asking me this question?

Derek stands up and I wear my shirt. Suddenly he grabs the television remote from the table and switch it off.

"What's wrong? Why are you behaving like this?", I ask firmly.

"I need answer Jazz. Do you believe in Love? Do you like to be in love? Have you ever been in love?"

I wonder if this boy in front of me is really Derek. Why is he behaving so strange today? Why is he suddenly bringing the topic of love now?

"The answer for all your questions is No", I say. Derek sighs and clenches his jaw. Is he angry now! Why?

"What do you want?", I look into his blue eyes. Derek is not the type of guy who could actually love someone. He doesn't know to converse nor he does know how to behave with a girl.

"You know Jazz.. you are so sick! You didn't even accept my apology the other day!", Derek points an accusing finger at me. The shift of emotions is so damn confusing. Derek is fighting with me for no fucking reason. We were literally making out on the couch and now he wants to throw more insults at my face.

"Derek! What's wrong with you!? Why do you always keep fighting with me!? ,Even after what just happened!? ", I yell back at him. When it comes to Derek, I am more confident and more restless. He stirs my emotions in such a way that I get no control over them.

"What happened? It was just a kiss. I kiss even my dogs and its no big deal", Derek snaps and I feel like an complete idiot for letting my guard down for Derek.

"I am going to break your heart sweetie", Derek winks at me and gives me a mocking smile. He heads towards the door and without a word, he exits the apartment and I am left alone again.

I am confused and shattered. What did he mean? Why would he even break my heart? I don't realize that my cheeks are soaked in tears. Why does he always do this to me? He came to my apartment, asked me some irrelevant questions, promised to break my heart and then left the apartment.

I am regretting coming to New York. Texas was way more peaceful and happy. My college life is going completely wrong. Out of everyone why did I meet Derek! My life without him would be much more happier.

I wish Aby and Josh were here with me in the apartment. Nothing like this would have happened if they were here.

I finish my dinner and get ready for tomorrow. I am sure tomorrow is going to go well. Derek is back to college and I wonder if I can keep my calm tomorrow. My anger is always at its peak when Derek is around. He irritates me and tests my emotions.

I am well prepared for tomorrow. I am scared as well as nervous. God knows how will my day go tomorrow.