Chapter 64

The next morning, I wake up earlier than usual. By 8 o' clock, I finish my breakfast and get dressed as quick as possible. I wear a white knee length frock and opt for normal slippers instead of heels. I apply a thick layer of red lipstick onto my lips and tie my hair into a high ponytail. 

I grab my car keys and my binder from the table and leave the apartment.

The drive to Derek's apartment is filled with anxiety and nervousness. I am not sure if we will sort out things today or are we going to fight like always.

I knock on his door, my heart beat increases as each second passes. Is he drugged today also? I need to tell him everything that I've been thinking for the entire weekend, all alone in my apartment. If he is willing to choose me over his addictions, I will be glad to be his.

Suddenly, the door slams open and Nick smiles at me. 

"Woah look who it is!", he smirks and I look away. I hate all these people who are always around Derek, be it Jimmy or Nick. They aren't a good company for him. 

"Didn't you go to New Jersey?", I ask, trying not to be pissed at him.

"No, not when you're here", he says and winks at me.

"Shut up Nick!", Derek pushes Nick aside and stands in front of me. His eyes softens when he sees me and I can feel all his anger dissolving when his eyes pours into mine. It feels so long seeing him like this, all well and fine. 

"Jazz.. come in", Derek says and holds my hand. He leads me inside the apartment and I ignore Nick's evil smirk.

Derek leads me to his room and closes the door behind. I am happy that there are no other flat mates of Derek here, except Nick. Or else I would've been caught in a drug web again.

"Are you Ok Jazz...?", Derek asks walking towards me.

"I've to go to work", I say and look away. Derek stops. I try not to forget that I am not here to adore Derek. I am here to make some things clear to him about 'us' and mainly, I am running late to work.

"Work?", Derek asks and raises his eyebrows. Of course he doesn't know because I haven't told him anything about my work yet.

"Yeah, in BB", I say proudly and lift my chin up. 

Derek chuckles lightly, "Bobby Build? like seriously?", he nods in excitement. I cant help but adore his smile. It feels like years seeing him like this.

"Yeah", I say and giggle. I don't know why I did that.

"Why would you want to work?", He asks, running his fingers through his hair.

"Because I like to", I say and look at him.

"Jazz...I...I..", Derek fumbles with his hands. Is he nervous? I've never seen nervous though.

"I...I am sorry", he says and I part my lips.

"I shouldn't have done drugs that day. But I had no other option. It felt like I was locked in a room and my only escape was being away from reality. I really wanted you to come along with me to New Jersey. I had thought it would heal me from inside and make me a better person. I am so sorry that I fucked up", He says and takes a step closer to me.

I take a deep breathe and look into his eyes. "Promise me.. that you will never take drugs anymore, you will live in reality and face your problems. I don't want you to get ruined Derek. I don't want to lose you. Drugs is death and I don't want you to die", I say and swallow my tears.

He wipes my tears and cups my cheek. "I will live in reality. A reality, only if you are there", he says and leans his forehead against mine.

"Promise me", I look into his eyes.

"I promise you", Derek says softly and leans in to give me a warm and comforting hug. I wrap my arms around his shoulders and he pulls me closer. The feeling of being so close to him makes me want him more. 

I pull away and tug a hair strand behind my ears. "I need to go", I say, being terrible. I should not forget about my work. If I hurry up now, I can reach on time. I am sure Shane must have called me by now, but I am glad I left my phone in my car.

"Stay with me please", Derek's blue eyes pour into mine. He needs me now and I cant leave him alone in this condition.

"Then make it up to me... for all your mistakes", I add and his eyes lights up.

"Sure, what do you want me to do?", Derek takes a deep breathe.

I take a step closer to him and lean in, so that our faces are only inches away from each other.

"Then fuck me until I scream. Show me the dirty things you can do to me...", I say seductively. I cant believe such words came from my mouth. I am so desperate for him and that's why my feelings are out for him. I look away in embarrassment and Derek smirks. He lifts my chin up to look at him. His pupils are dilated and he grips my waist.

"As you please Ma'am", Derek says and pulls me to his chest. My hands grip his shoulders and my eyes pour into his.

"What are you going to do?", I ask nervously.

"Something wild..", Derek leans in and whispers into my ears. A shiver travels down my spine. Its his voice, his stare and his look that makes me so nervous to be around him.

"This dress looks good on you", He complements me and I can feel my cheeks burn.

"Sleep against the headboard", Derek says and I look at him with a confused face.

"What?", I ask.

"Lie down on the bed and close your eyes", Derek says seductively.