Chapter 69

By the time I finish decorating the hall, its already noon and I am beyond exhausted. Taking an off yesterday was probably the most idiotic thing I've ever done. The event is taking place today evening and if I hadn't taken an off yesterday, everything would have just gone well and organized. However, I can't blame myself though.

"Hey", Shane knocks on the door, bringing me out of my thoughts. I turn around to look at him. He is holding a small plastic box covered with two tissue papers.

"This is for you", he holds out the box to me. I come near him, "A parcel?", I ask.

"This is lunch. Bob told me to give it to you", Shane says as I grab the box from his hand.

Shane and I sit down at the table and open our boxes. Its grilled chicken sandwich and it tastes delicious. Within seconds, I finish the entire box and Shane lets out a little chuckle.

Our work is almost done. The event starts at 6 in the evening and I've got enough time to get ready for the big night.

"I think you should invite your boyfriend to the event. It'll be fun", Shane suggests.

"Should I?", I ask him, unsure. Wait... Did he call Derek my boyfriend?

"No he's not", I say completely out of context.

"What?", Shane is clueless.

"Well...I don't have any boyfriend. So do you think a friend of mine can accompany me to the event?", I ask.

"A friend who is a boy?", Shane tries to hide his smile and I roll my eyes at him.

"Should I invite or not?", I ask with annoyance.

Calling Derek seems like a good idea. I can introduce him to Shane and I am sure both will get along well with each other.

"Yes", he says firmly.

I nod at Shane and take a sip of my water. Finally after having lunch in the conference room, I bid a small goodbye to Shane and Veronica, before leaving to my apartment to get dressed.

.....

I pull my out my black frock and glance at it, before putting it on. The theme of the event is black and white. I tie my hair into a high bun and wear small white studs. I opt for high black heels with bright makeup. The eyeliner fits perfectly with my dress and my cheek glows under the light. I look good and classy. I wish Aby was here, she would have loved my look.

I look at the mirror. Who is she? Am I the same Jessie Damon who refused to apply any makeup, before few months? Not at all. This is the hidden version of myself.

Now that I am completely ready for the big event. The reminder of calling Derek strikes my behind my mind. He can't be a trouble of course, so there is no problem in calling him to the BB.

I immediately dial Derek's number. Within seconds he picks up my call and I take a deep breathe before speaking, "Hey..", I begin to say.

"Hey Jazz.. everything ok?", Derek asks over the phone.

"Can you come with me to a place?", I ask. I don't understand why am I so nervous? Its just a common thing to ask.

"Sure. But where?", Derek asks calmly.

"To Bobby Build. There is an event organized today at 6 in the evening. So if you would like to come with me..."

"Sure!", He cuts me off and says.

"I will pick you up at 5?", Derek asks me over the phone.

"Cool and don't forget. The theme is black and white and I hope to see you in a formal attire", I say and hang up the call, before Derek can argue about the dress code.

My black frock fits my body perfectly. It is elegant and classy and I just love it. Its 4 on the clock and I've got an hour to do my college assignments for tomorrow. I hope Aby will be back before the weekend. I haven't heard anything from Josh for a while. I had assumed him to visit the apartment frequently asking forgiveness from Aby and me. Probably he is busy with his new girlfriend.

I do my assignments and think about the upcoming prom night. Being Derek's date is something very unreal to me. In fact spending each and every moment with him seems to be unreal.

After an hour, I impatiently wait for the door bell to ring. I just cant wait to see Derek in a formal attire, all dressed up in a suit and a tie.

I text Aby about the event and she replies back with a heart emoji. I just can't wait to meet her. I want her to move on in her life and start everything fresh.

Breaking my thoughts, finally the door bell rings. My heart begins to run and I can literally hear my heart beats quickening. Its been so long since I met Derek. We have made out many times in many strange situations. But still I feel nervous around him each and every time.

I open the door and my mouth drops in amusement. Derek is dressed in a black formal suit. A blue metal band supports his hair. His black shoes are nearly polished and his lips are a shade of light pink. I just cant describe how handsome he looks right now.

"You can stare", Derek says and chuckles. I didn't realize that I was staring at him with my mouth wide open. How pathetic!

I clear my throat and his eyes scan my body. He looks at my curves and I shift uncomfortably.

"You look.. nice", he compliments.

"Thank you", I say and look down.

"All ready?", He asks me and I nod.

After locking the apartment, I climb into the passenger seat and look at Derek. He smirks and starts on the engine.

"I would like you to meet somebody today. I am sure you will like him", I say and clap my hands together in excitement.

"Him?", Derek looks at me.

"Well, Shane is a really good friend of mine", I say.