Chapter 57

The moment I bring the glass to my lips, I feel the glass being snatched from my hand. I turn to look up and Derek stands right above me. I immediately stand up from my chair and look at him. He tosses the glass on the floor and it breaks making me flinch slightly.

"Derek!", I say in a frustrated tone.

"You don't want to be drunk", He says and I roll my eyes at him. I should call him daddy instead of calling him by his name. He is so bossy and I hate it.

"Its my wish", I say.

"Why are you here?", He asks and crosses his arms over his chest.

"Its a party and anyone can come here", I say. 

"That's not an answer. This is Jimmy's party and you shouldn't be here", He says. 

I take my time to look at Derek. Something about him has changed. I know him better now. I can see the smirk on his face when Iris jumped off the campus building. I can see how heartless he is and how much he can break your heart. 

"What's wrong Jazz..? Did Jim tell you something? did he touch you!?", Derek's face tenses and anger pours into his eyes. I simply sigh.

"I need to talk to you", I say casually. 

"Not now. I don't have the energy to fight with you", Derek says and chuckles. I am not in a mood to adore his smile or his cuteness. I am angry and really pissed.

"Shut up! what do you guys think of us? You can fuck with anybody and we're the ones who remain heartbroken", I cry. I feel so bad for Aby. Derek takes a step towards me and wipes my tears. His touch feels so good against my skin and I lean in and give him a tight hug. His hands move to my back and he rests his face on my shoulder. 

"What happened Jazz..?", His voice is soft and I hug him tighter.

"Jo.. Josh.. cheated on Aby...", I cry against his chest. 

"Jazz...", Derek rubs my back and tries to comfort me. 

"He just proposed her during the bonfire and now he is with some blonde girl...", I sob. Aby's breakup feels like my own. If a good boy like Josh could cheat on her then what about Derek? I am sure he is not serious about me. I am only another girl who fell in love with him.

"Jazz.. stop crying please", Derek's voice cracks. I immediately pull away and look at him. His eyes are shiny. Is he crying? But why?

"I need to talk to you", I repeat my words again.

"You cant talk here", He says looking around.

"Of course we can. You talk to me or else I'll go fuck Jimmy", I say and look away. 

"You what!?", Derek's face tenses and his tone is thick.

"You heard me", I say and shrug. I am definitely challenging him. I feel so strange to tell something like that, but I've no other option. Everything needs to get a clarity today. Now.

"Come with me then!", Derek grabs my hand quickly and pulls me with him. I simply follow him. Wherever he wants me to go with him.

We make our way through the crowd and come upstairs. He pulls me to a room, on the right side of the hallway. It is the second last door and its empty. Immediately, Derek closes the door behind him and turns to look at me. I gulp because his presence is almost intimidating now. I can only picture him standing there and looking at Iris's body. I shake my head to clear the disturbing thoughts.

"Speak up!", Derek yells. Didn't somebody tell him how big of an asshole he is?

"Do you remember Iris?", I ask calmly. Derek's eyebrows furrows and his lips are parted. He is definitely shocked to see me ask him about Iris.

"Everybody knows her", He rolls his eyes in annoyance.

"What did you tell her Derek?", I ask, tears fighting to fall off from my eyes.

"Its none of your business!", He yells.

"It is! now shut the fuck up and tell me!", I yell back. I am shocked at my words and Derek is stunned too.

"What..?", His voice is soft and he looks away. I turn his shoulder, making him face me. "Tell me please", I say and his eyes soften.

"I cant Jazz...", He says and tries hard not to cry.

"I know you cant Derek, because you're still guilty about it. I just don't want to be another girl who was stupid enough to fall for you", I say and wipe my tears. There is no point in talking about the past. It cant be changed. I walk past Derek and reach for the door handle. Suddenly he grabs my arm to stop me. 

I turn to look at Derek and his eyes are filled with tears. He has never cried in front of me. I always thought he was strong and he always fought his feelings, but now my heart aches to see him in so much pain. 

"You mean so much more to me Jazz..", Derek says without blinking. His blue eyes makes its way deep into my heart and all my anger diffuses. Without any thought, Derek presses his lips against mine and I stand still. He pushes his body against mine and I feel his desperation. 

Derek's hands move up to my cheeks and cups them. I press my lips harder against each other, not allowing him to push his tongue inside my mouth. 

"Kiss me please Jazz..", He practically begs and his tone is husky. I am still processing everything that happened tonight. I still don't have an answer for my questions. What did Derek tell to Iris that broke her to such extent? A simple 'No' wouldn't force anyone to take their own life.

"Jazz...please...", Derek pushes his tongue against my lips. My body is burning and I struggle to resist Derek. Letting my guard down for him is like forgiving him. Can I forgive him? Is he really sorry for Iris?

"Am I just one of your conquests Derek?", I ask. A tear falls off my eye and he quickly wipes it. 

"No.. your more than my..", He pauses. 

"More than what!?", I ask him impatiently. 

"My L.. life", Derek stammers, looking into my eyes.