oo2

oo2"begging,"

oo2
"begging,"

_______

THIS ISN'T THE FIRST TIME JUNGKOOK HAS FOUND YOONGI LIKE THIS. Jungkook is soaked by the time he gets to Yoongi's apartment, he'd forgotten his umbrella like an idiot. It hadn't been raining that hard when he left the house, and figured his jacket would be enough to keep him dry but by the time he got into the city, it was pouring. He was shivering and cold, and was ready to ask Yoongi if he could possibly borrow a sweater from him, when he stumbled across the older sobbing in the kitchen, smoke rising from his forgotten breakfast, and the television playing. He immediately noticed the empty alcohol bottles on the living room coffee table, and sighed. He'd been drinking again.

Yoongi hadn't noticed Jungkook entering the apartment, so the younger hung up his sopping wet jacket and kicked off his shoes. He wandered over to the stove, and shut it off, taking the frying pan off the stove stop. His nose wrinkled in disgust at the smell of burnt eggs. They were black, glued to the pan, and would be a bitch to remove when the time came. Yoongi might as well just invest in a new frying pan altogether, because this one looked like it couldn't be saved.

He then turned his attention to the man on the floor, knees tucked up against his chest. Yoongi was gasping for breath, and shaking in his spot on the floor. Jungkook crouched down, and gently placed his hand on Yoongi's forearm.

Startled, the older's head shot up and he pushed himself back against the cabinets. He hissed in pain as the doorknob jammed into his back. His hands flew to his eyes, wiping away the tears, and sniffling. Yoongi's heart was racing in his chest, and it took him several long seconds to realize that the person in front of him was Jungkook.

The younger's eyes were filled with sadness as he smiled down at him. It wasn't really a smile, the corner of his mouth was slightly tucked up, but his lips were still in a straight line. It was all in the eyes. They were filled with patience, love and a little bit of warmth. Yoongi took note on how Jungkook's hair was dripping wet, and then he noticed the jacket by his door, which too was soaked. Yoongi then became aware of how badly the rain was coming down now. The sky had darkened incredibly at this point. Jungkook's eyes drifted to the bottles on the coffee table and then back to Yoongi. He tilted his head to the side, and he raised a brow. You've been drinking again, the look said. Yoongi inhaled deeply, and let his head fall back.

"I'm sorry," he whispered. "I'm so sorry,"

Jungkook didn't reply as he moved to sit next to Yoongi. He lent his head against his shoulder, and shut his eyes. Yoongi wrapped his arm around his shoulder. "You're cold," Yoongi breathed. "Forget your umbrella?"

Jungkook nodded. "You can take mine, I won't be leaving the house for a few days. Just bring it back okay?" another nod. With a sigh, Yoongi pushed himself up off the ground. He helped Jungkook to his feet as well. He didn't complain or fight off Jungkook when he wrapped his arms around his neck. Something he'd done in the beginning. Jungkook would try and hold him, and he would tell him he was fine and that he didn't need him. That he just wanted to be left alone. Yoongi had failed to realize that even though he thought he didn't need Jungkook, the younger most certainly needed him. Han had always hugged Jungkook when he was upset, and now he had turned to Yoongi for that. He'd grown to accept the fact that he was not fine and allowed Jungkook to hug him whenever he needed.

"Are you going to see Namjoon today?" Yoongi asked as he pulled away. Jungkook nodded. "When?"

Jungkook glanced at the clock. It was almost quarter after ten. "Soon?" more nodding. "Would you like a cup of coffee for the walk?" Yoongi asked. "I can heat some up for you," Jungkook gave him another look. This time it said thank you. The younger then motioned to his long sleeve. It was slightly damp and sticking to his skin. Yoongi nodded. "I'll get you a sweater too, okay? Go make yourself comfy,"

As Yoongi disappeared down the hall, Jungkook made his way over to the coffee table. He cleared it off the empty bottles, placing them in the recycling. He then searched the fridge, wondering if there were more of them. He found one in the back of the fridge - a bottle of whiskey. He uncapped it and poured it down the sink. Yoongi could be as grumpy as he wanted, but it was better this way. Yoongi came back out into the kitchen to find him tossing the now empty whiskey bottle in the recycling. "Sorry you have to keep finding me like this," he mumbled, holding the sweater out to Jungkook. Jungkook shrugged. I don't mind, the shrug said. It's what family is for. We're there for you. Jungkook took the sweater and slipped in over his head. The familiar scent of Han's cologne washed over him, and he peered up at Yoongi with curious eyes. This was Han's sweater. One of the many sweaters Yoongi had locked away in his room, and refused to part with. Jungkook never dared to ask him for one, afraid that Yoongi might break down into a fit of tears. Why this one? His eyes asked. Why not one of yours?

"I t-thought you might want one of his today. You can keep it," Yoongi whispered.

Jungkook was fighting back tears as Yoongi turned away from him, and started making him a mug of coffee to take with him. He stood silently, watching him. "I'm almost done," Yoongi told him. "The umbrella is in the closet,"

Jungkook turned away and wandered off to get the umbrella. He opened the closet door and found it resting on the inside corner. He picked it up. Shutting the door, he reached down for his shoes. Yoongi had joined his side by then and handed him the travel mug when he was done. With tears in his eyes, Jungkook threw his arms around Yoongi's neck, sniffling into his shoulder. "I know," Yoongi whispered. He kissed Jungkook's forehead, before pressing his against the younger's. "Please be careful," he added. Jungkook turned his head towards Yoongi's shoes. Come with me. "Not today Kookie," Yoongi said. "I'm not-- I can't," Jungkook pulled away. "Promise me you'll be careful Jungkook. Pay attention to where you're walking okay? A-And if the weather becomes too much, call me, I'll come get you okay?"

Jungkook nodded for the umpteenth time. He reached for his jacket. He didn't feel so cold as he slipped it on over his brother's sweater. He felt warm. Yoongi held the door open for him. "I'll call you sometime later tonight," he told him. Jungkook smiled softly at him - it was more of a smile this time - and sighed.

Yoongi was getting ready to head back inside when Jungkook came closer to him. He lent his head down, close enough that Yoongi could feel the younger's lips by his ear. Jungkook's voice was scratchy and whispery, and for the first time in two years, Jungkook whispered something in his ear that he'd been dying to tell Yoongi since the accident.

"Han would want you to get help."

He didn't give Yoongi a chance to explain. He was pulling away and disappearing down the hallway as silently as he had shown up, leaving Yoongi alone in his doorway.

hi, hello, imma point a few thing out

Jungkook is a (selective) mute in this book. The only person he talks to is Yoongi (at the moment). Hence why there's the repetition of he nodded  and why anything that could be taken as Jungkook "talking" is in italics. I hope that makes sense?