o17

o17
"you can lie to me all you want but we both know you're like him." 

_______

Yoongi had never been a fan of hospitals. They smelled like rubbing alcohol and the machines were enough to drive you made with the constant beep beep beep sounds that they made. That's all Yoongi could hear as he came too. Beep.....beep....beep. It was enough to irritate the pounding in his head, the ear splitting headache growing ever more prominent as he struggled to open his eyes. "Yoongi?!"

He winced, his head lolling to the side. He could make out Jungkook's face, staring back at him. Jungkook looked paler than usual, his eye was bruised, he had cuts on his cheek, and his lip looked like it was split. Yoongi could make out the bandages on his hands and upper arm. Panic coursed through his. He reached a hand out, moaning in pain. "Jung-ko-"

"Don't move, your ribs are broken," Jungkook rasped. Yoongi coughed, now realizing the pain in his chest. Jungkook scooted his chair closer to the bed, and placed a hand on Yoongi's forearm.

"What happened? Where's Han?" Yoongi panted, trying to regulate his breathing. When he breathed in, he could feel his ribs cracking. It was painful. Jungkook turned his head away from Yoongi, tears already falling down his cheeks. "Where's Han?" Yoongi asked again, voice cracking. He tried sitting up, but the pain was too much. "Jungkook, please, tell me where he is. Is he okay?"

Yoongi was beginning to panic again, his heart rate picked up on the monitor, the beeping sound gradually picking up. "Jungkook look at me," Yoongi whimpered. The younger turned his head back to Yoongi, crying. Jungkook couldn't even get the words out. He started hyperventilating, and gasping for breath. But he didn't need to say anything. He knew. "No..." Yoongi whispered. "No, I don't believe it, it's not true, don't-" Yoongi refused to believe him. It couldn't be true.

Jungkook's grip tightened on his arm, struggling to speak. Yoongi could feel his eyes watering as he reached out, and wiped away his tears with the pad of his thumb. "It's not true," Yoongi whimpered through his own tears. Jungkook pressed his face against the palm of Yoongi's hand, crying even harder. "Oh god," Yoongi choked out. "God no,"

He sat up despite the pain and the headache. The heart monitor was going crazy now, but Yoongi ignored it all to pull the fifteen year old boy into his chest, cradling in his arms as they both cried. It would be hard to tell who was in hysterics more when the nurses arrived in the room. Yoongi, who was shaking his head and refusing to believe what Jungkook had been trying to tell him, or the sobbing boy in his arms, who couldn't even breathe properly through his tears. Yoongi buried his face in Jungkook's neck, his tears a mixture of heartache and pain from his ribs. He could have sworn he broke another just by hugging Jungkook.

Han was gone.

He was dead.

x

"YOU'RE NOT SLEEPING,"

Han titled his head to the side, watching intently as Yoongi pushed the covers back, and rolled out of bed. Yoongi let out a heavy sigh, casting a look in his direction. "I know," he replied softly. "Not much to be done about that," He turned away from him, and stared out the window. It was dark out, but the street lights gave off more than enough light for him to have a nice view of the city at this time. He felt exhausted as usual.

"Baby boy, they have medicine for that,"

"I'm too afraid, you know that. Remember last time?"