o18

o18
"I got you, you're okay," 

_______

TAEHYUNG KNOWS WHAT A PANIC ATTACK IS. He's experienced it first hand once, when he was twelve. He went on a rollercoaster for the first time and discovered that he didn't like heights. Jimin had to hold his hand the entire ride, and bought him lemonade as a reward for not fainting. Taehyung had seen panic attacks before, mostly on tv, and the ones he had seen in person were ones he never had to handle himself. There had been one or two from the members of the group, which had terrified him so much, but they looked so scared, and Taehyung didn't know what to do to help him - he tended to freeze up in certain situations - but Namjoon had always been the one to help out. The most obvious reason being that he was a therapist. But Taehyung had never dealt with a panic attack before, so when he came back from class Friday night to find Jungkook hyperventilating in the bathroom, he panicked.

At first he stood there, dumbstruck like an idiot, not knowing what to do. Jungkook was struggling to breathe, and Taehyung was staring at him like he had a second head. Jungkook hadn't even realized that Taehyung was back until he heard the sound of a backpack falling to the ground. His head shot up to see him standing in the doorway of the bathroom, looking at him.

Jungkook let out a broken sob, and that's when Taehyung reacted, hurriedly rushing to his side and dropping to his knees beside him. He didn't know if he should touch Jungkook to try and help him calm down, or if Jungkook would hate that, so he just sort of awkwardly held his hands out, not knowing what to do with them. "What happened?" Taehyung questioned, looking up and down at him. He finally made up his mind about his hands, and cupped the sides of Jungkook's face, bringing the younger boy's head up so he could meet Taehyung's eyes. Taehyung wanted to cry because Jungkook looked so broken, taking in shaky gasps of air at a rapid pace. Tears were streaming down his face, and Jungkook kept opening his mouth like he wanted to say something to him, but couldn't get the words out. "Are you okay?" he asked, before face palming. "Of course you're not okay, you're having a panic attack and here I am asking stupid questions," Taehyung added, feeling incredibly stupid.

Jungkook would have laughed if it weren't for the fact that breathing was really hard to do.

"I-I..." Taehyung looked him up and down again, and sighed. "I don't know what to do, I'm so fucking useless, what do you need, Kookie, I can't help you if you don't tell me," he told him, still holding his face in his hands. He wiped at the tears that fell continuously down his cheeks. "I'm sorry that I'm so bad at this, I've never helped anyone with a panic attack before."

Hold me is what Jungkook wanted to tell him. Tell me that you're never going to leave me, that you care was what he wanted to add onto, because if there was one thing he wanted in this world, it was Taehyung, but seeing as he couldn't really talk between the sobs and gasps of air, and the tightness in his chest, Jungkook reached out and clutched the front of Taehyung's shirt, pulling him against his body. He buried his face in his neck, crying harder, and threw the other arm around his neck, hoping Taehyung would get the memo.

Taehyung slid one arm around Jungkook's waist, and tucked the other under his leg, shifting them so that Taehyung sat on the floor with Jungkook straddling his lap. Jungkook was internally screaming because of how they were sitting, and not aware of the fact that Taehyung was literally praying he didn't get hard with Jungkook sitting on him like this. He let Jungkook sob into his shoulder, staining his plain grey shirt with tears, but that didn't matter to him. What mattered was that Jungkook was okay, or at least going to be okay. He brought a hand up to run them through Jungkook's hair, hoping that might calm him down, and for the time being it did. His heavy sobs turned into quiet ones until his breathing slowed down enough. Jungkook nuzzled his face against his neck, snuggling up to him, and when he was calm enough, he wrapped both arms around his waist. "Deep breaths," Taehyung whispered, not sure if that was going to help at all. Namjoon was always taking deep breaths when he handled them, having them match his breathing and all. Jungkook did as he was told, and inhaled deeply. "You feeling any better?" he questioned, tilting Jungkook's head up by his chin. Jungkook's heart flopped in his chest at the action. He swallowed the lump in his throat when he met Taehyung's gaze for a second time. His eyes were even prettier up close, and he smelled like fancy cologne. His hair was a little frizzy but that was probably because it was hot in this bathroom, but it was parted down the middle, and fell past the nape of his neck, making him look incredibly sexy from this angle.