o16

o16

"Deja Vú,"

_______

IT WAS ALMOST IRONIC. And if it hadn't been for his past, Yoongi would have laughed. He'd grown up hearing about the saying "beware the Ides of March" but never thought too much about it. Again, it was all very ironic in a way, but Yoongi did not find it funny in the slightest.

He stood in the bathroom, eyeing himself in the mirror as he fixed the collar of his shirt. Yoongi can remember every time he's ever worn a suit, and each time feels weird to him.

It's March; a month Yoong both loved and detested Loved, because his birthday was on the ninth, and hated because it meant growing older, and Yoongi - like most adults - didn't enjoy the idea of being old. He's 23 and while life isn't what he expected it to be, in a way it is, only adding to the irony of his situation. Yoongi was with somebody he loved (although he had yet to tell Jimin) and he had a little girl. Despite what people said, Jae was his baby girl just as much as she was Jimin's. He looked at her as if she were his own, and nothing could change that.

He just wished that Han was here to see it.

But as much as he missed Han, Yoongi felt content with life for the first time since his passing. He cherished every moment he got with Jimin and Jae, and wouldn't trade them for anything else in the world. There was never a dull moment with them.

He took another look at himself, and smoothed down his hair. He needed a haircut, but he was really into the long hair. He put way much more effort into his appearance than he would have any other night, but seeing as they were going someplace fancy as Jimin put it, he figured he ought to dress the part. Yoongi had only one suit. The suit that he had bought for Han's funeral, and Han's funeral was the only time he had worn it. It was all black, and tight fitting, but not too tight that it didn't fit. It just hugged in all the right places and made him look more put together than what he really was. He momentarily became distracted by the ring around his neck. He might never wear it on his finger again, but wearing it helped him feel like he was taking a little piece of him wherever he went.

He looked at himself in the mirror with a half smile. He always felt out of place when he wore a suit. It was so uncommon for him to do, but the reaction he got out of people somehow made it worth it in the end. The first time he ever wore a suit was the most memorable for him. It was the first time he'd ever seen Han speechless.

Yoongi stood in front of his mirror, fiddling with his tie. He felt ridiculous. Yoongi didn't do dances. He thought they were awkward and stupid, and would much rather spend his time at home watching a movie. But Han wanted to make the most of their high school years, and seeing as Yoongi had never been to a school dance in his life, begged him to go. It took several days, but eventually Yoongi caved, borrowed a suit from a cousin and purchased two tickets for him and Han. Yoongi would never forget how happy the older looked when he showed them to him. He thought Han might die from happiness, and so Yoongi figured that maybe it wouldn't be so bad after all.

But he was internally freaking out now, as he waited for the older to arrive. He felt so stressed, which was ridiculous in his mind because it was only a dance. He decided then and there that there was no way in hell Han was getting him to do this again. (He would in fact do it two more times, much to his displeasure. He had totally forgotten prom was a thing, and Han would not let him stay home for either of their proms.) Yoongi fiddled with almost everything in those two hours - his hair, his tie, the collar of his shirt. He was really hoping that Jungkook would be right about Han loving the idea that he was actually in a suit. He hadn't told Han, specifically because he didn't think he would be wearing one at all, but when Jungkook mentioned that Han woud lose it, he reconsidered. But he felt stupid. He hated the suit with every fiber of his being, no matter how good he supposedly looked in it.