o32

o33

"coffee stains, lullabies, memories and hard goodbyes," (act. II: the finale)

_______

"ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO DO THIS?"

Yoongi let out a heavy sigh as he set his bag down by the door. This had to be the hundredth time Jimin has asked him this question. No, he wasn't sure about this at all, but he had to try.

"Not really," he mumbled. "But it's worth a shot,"

Jimin nodded, but still looked worried as he sat perched on the edge of his bed, still in his pajamas. Yoongi made a mental note to try and get Jimin into his clothes more often, but he looked absolutely adorable in his shirts.

"You'll come back to me right?" he whispered.

"Come back!"

Jimin was a frantic mess. He had his arms around Yoongi's neck, holding his upper body up against his. He didn't like how cold he felt. He missed the warmth. He couldn't feel any air coming out of him. He was only a shell, and Jimin wasn't ready to let go as he sat sobbing against the edge of the cot. He wasn't ready to lose him. He couldn't lose him.

Jungkook had been pulled from the room by Taehyung. He was crying and screaming loudly. Taehyung couldn't bear to see him so upset, and broke down like this, so he removed him from the area in hopes of calming him down. He would let him say goodbye when he could think straight.

"Please come back, please," he begged, cradling his lover in his arms. "Yoongi please, you can't leave me like this," He kissed his forehead, then his cheeks, "Baby please, come back, please," He kissed the tip of his nose, his lips. He combed his fingers through his hair as he rocked them back and forth. "I need you," he whimpered. "Yoongi I need you,"

He couldn't stand the sound of the machine flatlining, but he wouldn't let them turn it off. Yoongi wasn't dead, he wouldn't believe it. He couldn't be dead. He was going to come back, he had to, he promised he wouldn't do this to him.

"Jimin-" Hwan whispered. "Let them turn it off,"

"No," he whined. "He's not gone,"

"Don't do this Jimin," Hwan begged softly. He placed his hands on his shoulders, but flinched when Jimin shook him off.

"NO!"

"Jimin, he's gone," Hwan said, wrapping his arms around his neck.

"I don't want him to go," Jimin cried.

"I know," Hwan replied, swallowing the lump in his throat. "I don't want him to go either, but-"

He stopped mid sentence when he heard the smallest "beep". His eyes flickered to the flatlining heart monitor. He saw it register something. A tiny spike in activity. Jimin saw it too, and his cries died down almost instantly. Was it a glitch in the machine? The monitor continued to flatline for what felt like forever, and just when he went to pull his eyes away-

The line ticked again, creating a small triangle. Jimin's heart stopped. There was another beat, and another, and another, and-

Yoongi let out a choked gasp, startling both Jimin and Hwan. He coughed loudly, trying to inhale air at a quicker rate. "Yoongi!" Jimin released his strong hold on him in favour of holding his face in his hands. And sure enough, Yoongi was staring up at him with thankful eyes. Yoongi's hand found it's way to the side of Jimin's face. It felt cool against his skin, but he could feel the warmth pulsing through his veins.