o23

o23

"love is not an open door; it's a revolving one that sends you spinning in countless circles," (finale)

_______

WAKING UP NEXT TO JIMIN WAS ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE. Things felt right - like this was the way things were supposed to be - whenever Yoongi rolled over and found Jimin curled up next to him in bed. Jimin always looked so adorable when he slept, with his face smushed against the pillow, or face tucked against his arm or shoulder. Yoongi loved waking up knowing Jimin was his, and that when he peppered his face in soft kisses while whispering 'I love you,' softly in his ear that Jimin would smile back at him, and mumbled an even softer, 'I love you more,' back. Yoongi found it sickeningly sweet that they were that couple - the ones that constantly said I love you to one another at any given time, but the guilt that once weighed him down no longer existed, and so Yoongi took any chance he got to remind the younger that he loved him. Waking up to Jimin was his favourite thing in the world...or so he thought.

It was also an adventure waking up to the younger, because he never knew if he would get assaulted with hugs, kisses, or a pillow. Jimin had also developed a habit of crawling on top of Yoongi in order to keep him in bed. He'd pout his lips at Yoongi and rub his eyes tiredly as a way to coax him back to sleep, and Yoongi's breath would always hitch in his throat, heart beating more quickly than it had when he'd first woken up. He'd not, and Jimin would giggle in triumph before cuddling up to him and falling back asleep. Yoongi would wrap his arms around the younger, one hand usually tangled in his hair, and wonder how he managed to get so lucky.

But Yoongi was rapidly discovering that waking up to Jimin wasn't the only best thing in his life. And of course, it came in the form of Jae. There was something about Jae that filled in the gaps of Yoongi's life and made him feel whole again - whether it was being woken up by here, getting to spend hours upon hours with her, or having her 'accidentally' calling him daddy when Jimin wasn't around.

Waking up to Jae was just as adventurous as waking up next to Jimin. On several occasions Yoongi had woken up to find her splayed across Jimin's chest or lying awkwardly across his legs. Maybe it was a kid thing, but Yoongi didn't understand how she was comfortable lying like that. Jae normally had the same smushed up look on her face just like her father, and it was just as adorable. It always tugged at Yoongi's heartstrings whenever Jae crawled into bed with them, because for a split second he forgot everything and assumed that they were a real family - that Jae was his little girl just as much as she was Jimin's. That he'd been there since the beginning. He'd wake up and see both of them lying there in bed next to him, with Holly curled up near the foot of the bed most times, and imagine what life would be like if Jimin was his husband instead of his boyfriend. He liked the way it sounded. His husband, his daughter. Jae wouldn't have to call him Mr. Yoongi anymore, because he wouldn't be Jimin's boyfriend. He'd be his husband. And it seemed like he wasn't the only one who wanted that, because Jae had already taken to calling him 'dad' when Jimin wasn't around. It was almost like she was too shy to do it in front of Jimin.

He remembered the first time it had happened - on their way home from the accident, and Yoongi was sure it was due to her being tired from the whole ordeal. He didn't think it would happen again, but almost a week after spilling his heart out to Jimin, it happened again.

He woke up before Jimin, which wasn't abnormal. He was always up before Jimin. He could hear Jae's door open from the hallway, and then close. Yoongi shook his head. It was quarter to seven, and Yoongi hoped that she would slowly turn into a night owl and learn the beauty that is sleep. He didn't understand how children could wake up so early. And of course, he could hear her tiptoeing towards their room. The door swung open and there she was, in her yellow pjs, holding onto a teddy bear. Jae hadn't realized that he was awake when she jumped up onto the bed, and crawled over to the empty space between Jimin and Yoongi.