o29

o29

"queen of the hive,"

_______

JIMIN SWORE HE WASN'T GOING TO CRY. Of course, he told himself this every year on Jae's birthday, and every year he thought he could do it, but the moment Jin brought the cake out he started sobbing uncontrollably. His baby was five years old now.

Jae seemed unphased by Jimin's cries as Jin set the cake in front of her. Yoongi had to wrap his arms around his boyfriend to prevent him from doing anything crazy. He smiled warmly at Jae from where he stood, and the now five year old gave him a big smile back, showing off her pearly whites. She was so excited - obviously because it was her birthday, and it meant presents - but mostly because it meant she got to have all of her favourite people around to give her attention. Jae didn't care about the cake or the presents she knew she was going to get at some point during the day. What really got her going was having all her dads, and her mum there.

Of course, she was also excited to have Taehyung and Jungkook there, she hadn't been to the last two group meetings, and she missed them terribly. Jin and Namjoon were there as well, and Yoongi still felt weird about the fact that he boyfriend was best friends with his therapist, but having Namjoon around was oddly comforting. Jungkook seemed more relaxed as well. Hoseok and Olivia arrived shortly afterwards. Jae's attention immediately went to Hoseok's wife, yelling, "auntie Ollie!!!" at the top of her lungs. Hoseok made an offended expression, playfully teasing Jae, asking where his hug was. It was so heartwarming to see the way she interacted with everyone.

Yuri was there too, sporting Jae's favourite shade of yellow. He hadn't seen her since the accident, but she'd been coming around more and more to visit Jae. There was no bad blood between the two of them. He could see that she really was trying to be a good mother for Jae, even if she hadn't been at first. "I was young, and I wanted to live. I didn't think I could do that with a baby attached to my hip," She admitted to him. "But as I got older, something was missing - I missed my baby. I did carry her for nine whole months. I'm just grateful that Jimin isn't holding that against me, that he's letting me be a part of her life."

"She's a special girl," Yoongi stated.

"Of course she is, she's Jimin's baby," Yuri replied. "There's something about him, that makes you want to be a part of his life, y'know? He has that effect on people,"

"That he does,"

But the person Yoongi was worried about being there was Hwan. Not because he didn't want him to be here, but because Yoongi was afraid he wasn't going to like him.

He could see why Jimin liked Hwan - he was handsome. He had light curly brown hair, a charming smile, and the oddest hawaiian shirt yet still managed to make it look good. He lit up the room when he walked in, and Yoongi noticed that Hwan was considerably tall - taller than him at least, which made him all the more intimidating in a sense. But he still couldn't help himself, and smiled when he crouched down behind Jae and tapped her shoulder. "PAPA!" He could see just how much Jae loved Hwan, and how much he loved her.

"Hi baby girl! Happy birthday!"

Jimin had wandered over seconds later to give the man a hug. Hwan wrapped him up in his arms, squeezing him. "You didn't tell me papa was coming!" Jae said, looking up at her father with wide eyes. Jimin giggled softly and patted her on the head.

"Did you really think I'd miss your birthday?!" Hwan had gasped. "Never in a million years. You're getting so big now! You're five! What happened to my little girl? Huh? You used to be so tiny!"