Chapter 59 - Purple Star

I must warn Ateez!

My hand clenches around the doorknob, fear creeping up my heart. But this isn't the time to be a coward.

Making up my mind after gathering my non existing courage, I yank the door open and cautiously poke my head outside to observe the passageway. I almost have a heart attack when I see 2 semi monsters at my door. Jim and Jack who both have coral leaves protruding out of their heads turn to look at me.

"Is it safe outside?" I ask them, hearing scream intensify once the door no longer filters the sound.

The J brothers glance at each other and Jim responds to me. "At this moment, there's no monster on board, the crew are defending the ship from the monsters that surround us even so the situation isn't considered safe. So captain ordered you to stay inside your room."

I nod my head. It's a good thing that monsters haven't got into the ship yet which means I still have time to warn the pirates.

I walk inside the cabin to wear my boots and then, without the cabin boys noticing, I sprint outside the room, and join stampedes of the crew carrying weapons in their hands heading toward the upper deck.

In the midst of an uproar, Jack and Jim yell and squeeze themselves among the sea of the crowd to get close to me. I ignore them, all I care right now is to deliver my dream to Ateez.

A strange dream that occurred a moment ago, a woman telling me to follow a purple star. I should pretend it was a meaningless dream if not the fact that I never once had a dream since I stepped on this realm. My gut tells me that this is a real deal.

"Miss Star stop! You must stay in your room!" Shouted Jim.

"Captain gonna murder us!" Cried Jack.

Feeling slightly sorry toward them, I shout back and quicken up my pace. "No, I must find Hongjoong!"

Soon I reach the upper deck. I see the crew are stationed at the rail, throwing whatever weapons downward. The bullets and cannon continuously fire, my hands cover over my ears to protect my eardrum.

Hongjoong should be at the quarterdeck steering the ship, I thought to myself. Wasting no time, I run across the deck toward a flight of stairs that lead to quarterdeck while Jim and Jack continue chasing after me.

"Hongjoong, you must listen to me..." I pant heavily and trail off once I recognize the figure behind the wheel.

"What the hell are you doing here!?" The quartermaster growls, both hands grasp tightly at the wheel. Dark eyes fixate on me, giving me his infamous death glare.

Out of all people, why does it have to be Seonghwa? He's not gonna believe in my dream. Instead of answering him, I anxiously scan the lower deck, trying to find Hongjoong or other members that are likely to believe me.

Small light of torches lit up the area but not enough for me to differentiate who is who. When the crew throw the torches overboard, the light allows me to see monsters swarm around the ship. They let out painful screech when the fire or weapons hit them, but their numbers don't seem to decrease. My skin crawls at the sight.

"Jack! Jim! Bring this nuisance back to her room!"

I get back to my senses once Seonghwa commands the cabin boys to intercept me. The boys obediently follow his order as they grab my arms tightly yet carefully not to hurt me.

"No! Seonghwa, listen to me. You were right. I had a dream!" I shout while resisting the strength of young boys who are trying to drag me away.

His nose flares upon hearing me. "I don't have time for your nonsense! Can't you see that monsters are flocking around us! Go back to your room!"