Chapter 46 - Steering wheel

The next morning, I was requested to meet Hongjoong at the quarterdeck. I'm not ready to see him after yesterday's incident. The jittery feeling wouldn't go away and it gets worse when I'm about to see him again. My guard shattered to pieces after he proposed to me to stay with him. But it's impossible to stay in fiction. One day I'll have to return to the real world although my reality kinda sucks.

Let's not get attached to any of them and go home in peace (and in one piece).

I chant in my head and leave the room to face the man who swayed my original plan.

Walking soullessly, I emerge from the lower deck and startle when my name was called.

"Shooting Star!/ Little Star!/ Polaris!" The fiery red haired, faded purple haired, and light blue haired boys stride toward me. Each of them shoot a distaste look at one another.

"I called her first. You lots back off." Mingi places his arm on my shoulder, glaring at his two crewmates.

"Mingi you got work to do. Shoo shoo, go away." Wooyoung yanks Mingi's arm away from my shoulder and replaces it with his arm. Mingi stumbles backward and whines. "Yah! you have work too."

Wooyoung ignores Mingi and wink at me with his left eye. That's when I notice an ugly purple bruise painted on his right eye.

"Who punched you?" I ask him. One person appears on my mind. Perhaps I'll thank him later for taking revenge for me.

A dry chuckle leaves Wooyoung's lips that stretch into a disdainful smile. He hasn't answered me as Mingi answers for him.

"There're many crew members who want to punch him. Anyway it kinda matches his hair color." Mingi laughs in Wooyoung's face while trying to pry Wooyoung's arm away from me.

"Seems like you wanna have a wound to match your hair color too." Wooyoung scoffs, letting me go and crack his knuckles while facing the taller mate.

Before they proceed to brawl, the annoying duo suddenly yell when the navigator pulls them away by their ears.

"You two are so rude." Yunho scolds the duo who shoot him a dirty glare while rubbing their painful ears. "Apologize for their behavior, milady" He smiles apologetically at me. I shake my head in return as I'm getting used to their antics.

"Polaris, where are you going?" Yunho asks.

"Polaris?" Wooyoung and Mingi mumble, scrunching their noses.

"Got a problem, you two go back to your stations or I'll report captain." A playful puppy turns into a vicious Pitbull, bearing fangs at his crewmate. But the duo don't get intimidated by him at all as they stand still. Yunho shakes his head at them and turns to me, wearing a puppy expression once again.

"Hongjoong summons me." I answer Yunho. The trio have different expressions plaster on their faces.

"You three get lost!" Suddenly a yell pierce through the air from above our head. We crane our necks to see Hongjoong wearing a deep scowl at the steering wheel.

"Aye captain!" They shout in unison. Mingi waves while Wooyoung wink at me before they depart. Yunho walks beside me, climbing the stairs toward the quarterdeck.

When we reach the platform, we spot the sour expression Hongjoong. He side glance Yunho. The taller guy takes the hint and sulkily walks away. Then Hongjoong beckons me to come closer to him. 

Standing still, I stare warily at him. He wears a loose black shirt and leather pants which perfectly suit him. His mullet sway in the wind which I want to run my hand through-