Chapter 4 - (Fake) Prophecy

After they learn that I'm a seer, boarding their ship to help them to lift the curse, the ship erupts with murmurs surrounding me.

But Hongjoong is so quiet that I start to concern what he's planning to do. My life mostly depends on this man as he's the captain.

His gaze shifting between the moon and me.

"How can you prove that you're a seer?" He eventually speaks.

I open my mouth to speak.

"And knowing our name doesn't count. Anyone knows who we are." The quartermaster cut me off.

Woah Can Seonghwa read my mind cause I'm about to do that.

Nevermind, I know the storyline. I can mention some close by events.

"I can prove it to you." I say and sit down in a lotus position like I'm going into a meditative state.

I don't know how the seers in this realm receive their prophecy but I hope my little act can deceive them. I take a deep breath and close my eyes. Trying my best to recall what will happen in the story.

After a short while, I speak up,"Tomorrow morning there's a rainstorm."

"Rainstorm! anyone can predict that." Someone retorts.

I open one eye to throw a glare at where the voice came from and shut my eye again.

"There'll be 8 consecutive thunders during the storm, after the last one the rain will cease and a rainbow will appear in the north." After saying that sentence, I get up gracefully while brushing on an invisible dust on my dress.

I make that bold statement because I remember the original story that the next day there would be a heavy rainstorm and the author vividly described the scene. At this rate, I gamble on the storyline still being the same.

"We'll see my lady." Hongjoong says. His expression is unreadable, I can't tell if he believes me or not.

After that he leaves without saying a word. I'm speechless at his weird reaction.

Now, what's next?

Seonghwa steps up into his previous place which is in front of me.

I can tell that he doesn't believe what I say.

"You might not know this miss, but our ship has severe punishment for a liar." He threatens me.

"It'll come true." I affirm him. But truthfully, I'm so nervous. If the storyline changes, I'll be a dead meat.

He smirks when he notices my pale face. I can't help but shudder.

"Lock them in the brig." He then turns to order his crews.

My eyes go wide at his order. He's going to lock me in a jail for real.

I'm trying to protest but Seonghwa walks away and yells "Back to work" to his crews.

Yunho, who's standing close to me, smiles apologetically and follows after his quartermaster.

The crowd around us also scatters but I could feel their unfriendly glare toward me and the girl next to me.

---

'Y/N' and I are locked in a brig. It's a small room with no light and smells so bad like something died in here.

How could they do this to me? I wanna cuss at Ateez pirates version.

When I read the fiction, it's fun. But when I'm actually one of the characters, it's kinda not a pleasant experience. But look at the bright side, I get to meet Ateez. That makes up for my misery mob character's fate.