Chapter 80 - Home

Darkness enters my view as soon as I open my eyes. The fogginess in my mind hinders my ability to apprehend my whereabouts. Noticing that I fall asleep on a table, I slowly straighten up and my bones groan like an old man. My entire arms numb as I slept on them for probably a long period of time. I rub my eyes with the back of my hands, but touch against my damp skin. While I'm perplexed by the unknown water on my face, tears are rolling down my eyes incessantly. Startled by the fact that I'm crying, I scan around my surroundings with a throbbing head.

It takes several seconds to realize that I'm in the same small apartment room that I've been paying the rent for 3 years, but for some reason I feel like I've been away for a long time. I sit at my study desk with a dark screen laptop in front of me. A doraemon clock on my nightstand shows that it's 4 in the morning. Looking outside the window, I spot the blood red color full moon. But when I blink, the moon has turned to its original bright yellowish color.

My tears have no sign of stopping, my chest aches, my heart feels hollow like something very important is missing from my life.

What's wrong with me?

The lack of sleep must've driven me crazy. As I'm heading to my bed, I step on something that sends me tumbling to the floor. Pain shot through my butt, I curse at the culprit. A glass rolled away after I stumbled on it. Suddenly, memories rush into my head like a waterfall.

I gasp, hands tugging at my hair in disbelief. Sweat breaks on my forehead while my heart thumps as if it'll jump out of my chest.

I just came back from another world!

I remembered how I accidently poured water on my laptop, got electrocuted and transmigrated into the fanfiction that I read, in which I found out later that it was an alternate universe. Overthere I met pirate Ateez and helped them break the curse. I successfully brought them to Wonderland and killed the sea witch. But I was dying, so Yeojin wished for me to return back to my world.

Now here I am, back in my room–safe and sound. I press my hand on my abdomen. There's no wound, no pain, no blood. I breath out a sigh of relief that my soul wasn't stuck between two realms.

Nonetheless, I want to know what would happen to my friends after I left. I return to the desk and frantically turn on my laptop, but it doesn't open. Water probably damaged it. Hence I turn to my phone which is placed next to the laptop. I open the fiction site and search for the story.

My mouth turns dry from anticipation and scaring of what I'll read.

Results not found.

The text renders me speechless. How could that happen? I just read it a few hours ago. So I continue searching for Seakeeper in case I remember the title wrong. To no avail, the username doesn't exist either.

Panic starts to consume me. I rack my brain, trying to remember some users who usually comment on the fiction. I reach several of them, and wait impatiently for their response.

Ding!

The notification pops up on the screen when one user replies to me.

Joongsisterinlaw : Wut story? I never heard of it.

I am flabbergasted by the answer. How could this person never heard of it? I remember the comments shipping Y/N and Joong in every chapter. Before I reply, another message pops up.

JjangjjangmanSani: Hmm, I never read it tho...