Chapter 26 - Flying dagger

I close the quarter room's door and let out a series of ugly squeals. Hongjoong tabbed on my fangirl mode and now I'm unstoppable.

Cut it out Star, you know his character.

He's the cunning mastermind. His every action has ulterior motives behind it. I gotta keep my head clear. But who can resist Hongjoong's charm? The answer is none.

Once I calm myself down, I turn around to leave. But a lone figure behind me almost gave me a heart attack. "Fuc-" I shut my mouth before swearing in front of the scariest person on this ship.

Standing steps away from me, San's wearing his usual all black outfit spreading dark aura, his face void of emotion. The thought of him from yesterday resurfaced, I can't help but shudder at his God of War image.

"Well, yesterday, I.." Stop stuttering, I scold myself. "Uh...Thank you for saving me."

A second passed, turning into a long awkward moment but San doesn't react, he is still looking at me dead in the eyes.

Then he opens his mouth to speak. I anticipate what he's going to say because he's a guy with few words.

"You block my way." His raspy voice echoes throughout the corridor.

My feet automatically step aside. San walks brush past me and enters the quarter's room.

My body stiff from sudden loss of self-esteem.

Then my ears pick up soft giggles from the side. Jim is trying his best to stifle laughter from the scene that he just witnessed.

"Jim!" I shout at him, making him stop giggling instantly. "Bring me to Aurora's room. Your captain already allowed me to freely roam around the ship. I am now a free woman. I can go anywhere I want. Now Lead the way!" I say without breathing, trying to cover my mortification.

"Aye, miss" The boy makes a straight face but his mouth still twists into a grin. "But miss Star, can you walk?" He asks when he sees the girl struggle with a wooden cane.

"Why? Are you going to carry me?" I ask. Is it too late for him to ask since I have already walked here.

Somehow Jim ends up giving me a piggyback. The crew gave me weird glances but I'm immune to it now after losing my face for multiple times today.

We reached Aurora's room which is actually next to my new room.

"Thanks, Jim. You can go now. " I say to the boy. He nods and walks away.

Turning around, I knock on the door, "Aurora, it's me, Star."

In an instant, Aurora opens the door, her eyes puffy red from crying. But she still manages to look otherworldly beautiful.

Her face turns into relief as she sees me. "I'm glad you're okay." She opens the door wider for me to get inside.

Her room is also like mine; small and suffocative.

Aurora gently supports me to sit on her bed. "How did you get here?"

"They no longer restrict us in our rooms." I answer, expecting that it would cheer her up but sadness is still present in her expression.

"Did they hurt you?" I ask as she isn't happy at the news.

"No, but that scary guy threatened me."

"Which one? All of them are scary." I ask her, earning her a small giggle, "The quartermaster."

I nod in acknowledgment. Not surprised.