Chapter 42 - Fight

"What the hell is going on?!" Seonghwa's raging shout startles the crowd. He glares at them for an answer but no one meets his eyes, they lower their heads to avoid his wrath.

Seonghwa grits his teeth, whipping his head away from the useless crew to see the master gunner and the combatant fight in the middle of the crowd. Mingi is apparently the one that is furious with San as he keeps throwing punches and kicks where San mostly dodge the blows. Still wounds appear on Mingi's red face whilst San receives no injury.

Although a fight between the crew is inevitable since the ship is filled with bandits from all over the places, Seonghwa didn't expect to see his 2 best men fight each other. San and Mingi clash from time to time due to their opposite personalities but they never get into physical fights.

"Stop right now!!" Deep scowl plaster on Seonghwa's face, vein visible on his neck. However, Mingi and San are still at each other's throats.

Seonghwa takes big strides, he intercepts San's incoming fist and kicks Mingi in the chest separating the two. Mingi stumbles a few steps backward but charges right back at San. However, several gunner mates lock him in place.

"Let go of me!!" Mingi's thunderous voice booms, trying to wiggle from his mates' grasp.

"Fucking cut it out!!" Seonghwa's glare darts between them. "What the hell is wrong with you two?!"

San twists his hand out of Seonghwa's iron grip. His crazed eyes glue at Mingi who also return him with death glares.

"This fucker harassed Star!" Mingi shout fills with burning rage. The crowd gasps in unison. Seonghwa's face retort upon hearing the sentence. Mingi is the type to be over exaggerated but he'd never lied. He's protective over his crewmates and for him to be angry to this extent, does that mean San really harassed Star? Lately San has acted weirdly around the girl but he doesn't expect it would come to this extent.

Seonghwa looks at Star who's standing not far away from them. Her pale face scrunches up in pain as she clutches her stomach. At a mere sight of her can irritate him regardless. He scoffs and turns back to San. A hint of smirk plays on San's lips, he appears nonchalant as if the topic isn't about him.

The look of San adds fire to Mingi's fury as he darts out of the interception, flying toward San like a loose cannon ball.

"Mingi, stop!" Star yells, running up toward him. Mingi halts his action, his fist stops mid air. Star tugs on his arm with her worry-filled eyes.

"It's a misunderstanding. San didn't do anything to me. He..uh," Star bites on her lip, hesitating to say the next sentence. "He just came to me to apply medicine for him."

Seonghwa and Mingi notice that San is shirtless and his back paints with sticky green ointment.

"But why was he all over you?!" The explanation didn't cool down Mingi's rage. What he saw earlier wasn't just a simple bruise treating.

Star's mouth wide open and flushing. "H..He just tried to apply ointment on my bruise." Her stutter makes the situation worse. The others already imagined stuff they shouldn't.

Mingi still doesn't buy her excuse as he stabs San with his murderous glare. While Seonghwa registers the information and inwardly sighs. San has little to none contact with women. Star is the only girl he ever shows interest. But what kind of interest he possessed, Seonghwa didn't know anymore.

"San, Star is a lady. It's improper to barge inside her tent and touch her without permission. She isn't one of our thug mates." Seonghwa says, thinking having women on the ship is indeed troublesome.