Chapter 47 - Confrontation

[Trigger warning: violent, gore]

Foul stench contaminates the air of a tiny dark cell. Thick dried blood stains on the damp wooden wall and floor. A man lies motionless against the wall, hollow-cheeked, disheveled hair and torn cloth. A small movement on his chest indicates that he's still alive.

A door of the brig suddenly opens, two figures stroll inside a suffocate space. The sound startled the man, he scrambles to his knees, but the chains on his ankles restrict him from lunging forward.

"Ye scoundrel! Ye said to let me go!" The man hiss, hoarse voice fills with rage, directing at a tall figure standing in the front of him.

"Well well, our agreement had yet been reached. I can't let you go, can I?" The tall man says in such an arrogant tone, his icy blue gaze pierce at the pathetic prisoner on the dirty floor.

"I told ye all about the pirate king. Ye better keep ye word!" The prisoner sneers hatefully.

"I always keep my word. Once I get my hands on the wonderland map and the pirate king's head, you're free to go." A cruel smirk plaster on his lips. Then a complicated expression flashing across his face. "And the ladies. You swear you saw them?"

"Those whores?" The prisoner recalls the two beautiful women he saw on the Revenge. They look like a young maiden from noble families. They must be someone important to his captor as he sounds so desperate to find them.

Upon hearing the vulgarity, the captor lifts his leg and kicks at the prisoner's chest, causing him to stumble on the floor and spurts blood.

"Filthy pirate, if you don't wanna lose your tongue then shut your filthy mouth!" He spats.

However, the pirate only laughs like a madman. A wheezing laugh sound gets on the nerve of the captor. He's about to stomp his foot on the pirate but another figure bolts inside the cell.

"Commander, the Revenge is in sight, estimated to collide in 2 hours."

Sickening smile displays on the commander's lips as he listens to his officer's report. He has been hunting the pirate king for years but failed miserably to capture him. Years of resentment that pile up in his chest will unleash today.

"Jongbin, prepare all stations for battle." He orders the lieutenant standing behind him.

"Yessir." Jongbin responds and leaves the brig.

"Captain Silver, seems like your day has finally come." He glances at Captain Silver whose eyes now shone with hatred.

Captain Silver looks at his severe wrists, handless. Pain from that day crawl back to his mind. He lost his ship, his entire crew, and both hands. The mighty captain Silver to a feeble prisoner of Royal Navy. His fate is worse than death due to that man. At this moment, he doesn't care whether it's him or the arrogant commander to cut off the pirate king's head.

Revenge.

He only wants revenge!

---

"Captain, two ships to windward, heading directly toward our bow."

Standing on the quarterdeck, Hongjoong listens to his crew report while looking through spyglass. The first ship is a ship-of-the-line third rate warship. Its size is way larger than the Revenge which means she carries more guns and men. However, that also means we're faster. The other ship is a fifth rate frigate, slightly smaller than his ship. She sails ahead of the large battleship.