Chapter 49 - Shall we continue?

A hand smack down toward a soaking wet lieutenant, causing him to tumble down to the floor.

"Incompetent!" Lying on the ground, a foot stomps on his stomach. "Useless! Trash!" Several kicks are sent into his body.

Jongbin lies motionless as he knows the temper of his abuser. The commander of HMS Declaration is known for his ill-tempered and abusive behavior toward his subordinates. If he fights back or beg, it'll only enrage the commander.

When Chris seems to calm down, Jongbin slowly rises to his feet.

"My apologies, commander. I was incompetent and result in us failing to capture pirate king. I'm willing to accept any punishment."

Chris scoffs, his injured hand shakes slightly not from the pain but from immense rage. Blood trickles down from the bullet wound and creates a small pool on the floor.

Then he glares at the other high rank officers that stand in line. "You lot left me behind. You all know the consequence, right?"

None dare to meet eyes with their livid commander. And that makes Chris angrier. He raises his good hand to beat another target.

"Commander, what do we do next?" Jongbin interrupts Chris when he sees that the others are cowering in fear.

Chris lower down his hand and curses, glaring at the Revenge that sails further away.

"Follow her."

The officers' face went pale after hearing the command. They send subtle glances toward the lieutenant.

"Commander, we're short on food-" Jongbin states but cut off by Chris's scornful snort.

"Then throw some useless trash out of my ship." The icy glare pierce at the subordinates. They all duck their heads down.

"Yessir, we'll prepare to intercept the Revenge." Seeing that Chris may beat them up again, Jongbin deliberately dismisses the other officers. They look at Jongbin gratefully and dissipate less than a second.

Chris resumes to glare at the Revenge.

The humiliation he received today, he swore to return it tenfold.

Pirate king, today may be your victory. But you made a mistake by keeping me alive. Next time, you and your ship will drag into the abyss.

Aurora, Alice, wait for me. I'll avenge him for you!

---

Hongjoong slams the door shut. To my horror, he drags me toward the king sized bed.

My brain immediately recalls those cliche drama scenes where a male lead gets upset with a female lead so he starts to...(censor)... her.

Shaking the impure images away, I wiggle from his iron grip with all my might and run away to stand on a clear space far from any furniture and wall that can use against me.

Hongjoong chuckles in his throat as he saunters closer.

I put my arms in front of my chest and raise my chin. "Okay, talk."

"I don't care if you lie." Hongjoong stops right in front of me, too close for me to breath.

"I don't care whether your name is Star or Alice. I don't mind if you're his sister." He leans in and whispers into my ears. I turn my head the other way, trying to suppress goosebumps that begin rising on my arms.