Ending IV - (What) The heck

Pushing the door of my cabin, I stride inside the room and sit on my bed. Heaviness leaves my chest after visiting 3 places.

I confessed to Hongjoong, Yeosang, and San of how the feelings were nagging me for the past months since I'd returned here. I told them my honest thoughts that I wasn't ready for a romantic relationship, that I wanted to continue being friends with them. I told them that I was sorry for breaking their hearts for nth times, but I had to let it out. And I asked them to vent out  on me in return.

Hongjoong was taken aback after listening to me. He fell into silence for a while, then he smiled. A smile so genuine that made my heart clench. He caressed my cheek softly, telling me that he was content to see me everyday so he didn't have to gaze at the stars anymore. He wished nothing else but for me to be happy. In the end, he was sorry that his action made me uncomfortable.

San listened to me quietly with a blank expression the whole time. After my long speech, he embraced me and told me that no matter what kind of our relationship was, he'd still stay beside me and protect me. He learnt that love isn't weakness and said that the fact that I was here gave him a reason to be stronger.

Lastly, I went to Yeosang. He listened to me attentively until I finished. He gave me a warm smile and patted my head, telling me that I didn't need to worry about his feelings and didn't have to be guilty for telling him my thoughts. He'd be the same Yeosang to me who takes care of his Starry.

All of them made me cry like a baby. Just like Wooyoung said, they were already happy to have me here. I'm so grateful to have them as my friends.

There might be a chance that in the future that I may fall in love with any of them or someone else, but right now I want to focus on the present.

After letting go of my concern, it's time to take a nap. The sun is already setting, but there's still soft orange light coming through the porthole. The dark clouds that look like storms magically disperse. I take off my shoe and climb on my bed at the same time someone knocks on the door.

"Come in." I say, sitting on my bed since I'm too lazy to move my body.

The door opens and the person, who I never expected he'd approach me, enters.

He wears a black attire from head to toe, his hair sweeps backward. One thing that is different from the last time I saw him in the afternoon is his beard is gone.

The quartermaster stops next to my bed and passes me a paper in his hand.

I quickly roll off my bed and cautiously reach to snatch the paper out of his grasp. "What's this?" I read the paper and found out that it's a Stargazer crew contract.

"It's the contract for every crew member. You haven't signed it yet." Seonghwa answers me with a stoic demeanor. The light from outside gradually dimmer, however, his deep black eyes are strangely gleaming.

"Is it necessary?" I have been staying here for a long time and why does he have to hand it to me now?

"Yes." He answers curtly. His gaze travels all over my face.

I give him a weird look as he somewhat gives off a strange aura today.

"Where do I need to sign?" I follow his request anyway because I don't want to start a fight with him in my own territory. I open my palm toward him, asking for an ink pen or something to write.

Seonghwa strides closer toward me while patting his pants pocket and blinking, he stays still for a moment before pulling out a small dagger. "Sign it with your blood."