Chapter 20 - Twin?!

Wooyoung leads us to the captain's quarter, the same room that I was abducted by San last night.

On the way, his usual self makes a comeback as he starts babbling non stop about Yeosang.

"They are so wrong thinking I'm a big flirt, I'm just being me." He turns around and wink at us who are following after him. We both grimace but that doesn't stop him from continuing. "The real flirt is Yeosang. His radiant smile and tenderness lure the girls into his trap and then they all got their heartbreak. Poor girls"

 Tsking in disapproval, Wooyoung suddenly stop and turn to face us. "I'm telling you this because I don't wanna see pretty ladies get heartbroken. It pains me."

Aurora sets her face straight and looks everywhere except Wooyoung. While I sigh out loud and mumble 'seriously' at him which he chuckles playfully.

Fortunately, we've the destination. Or else, my ears would bleed from his soliloquy.

A large wooden door with a skull carved in the middle present in front of us. I even feel intimidated by the door.

He gestures us to get inside while he holds on the door. "Welcome to captain's quarter."

The view inside greets me. My eyes quickly scan the interior. Because last night was a haze, I missed to notice how lavish the room is.

There are 2 people already inside the room; the navigator and the combatant.

Yunho, who's sitting near the head of a long table, quickly comes to assist me to the seat.

"How're you?" He asks with concern in his tone.

"I'm fine, thanks." I answer and sit on a seat next to Yunho and Aurora on the other side.

Wooyoung closed the door and he made his way to sit on a window sill next to the combatant.

San shifts his gaze from the outside window to acknowledge his friend and then his gaze lands on me. His mouth tugs into a small smirk.

The room isn't cold but why am I suddenly shivering?
I quickly tear my gaze away from him.

The atmosphere becomes awkward as no one speaks anything.

I want to start a conversation but I see Yunho is occupied with maps and some documents while Aurora nervously fidget her fingers on her lap.

So I let my eyes wander around the room.

This room is the upgrade version of the navigation room. It's more spacious and luxurious.

Windows line up by two sides allowing natural sunlight to pour into the room.

Treasures, golds, and jewels are present in the glass cabinet at the side of the room. As if they are not afraid of someone stealing. 

And there's a door at the back of the room that probably leads to the captain's bedroom.

The floor is covered with red burgundy carpet. Crystal chandelier is hung above a long table for 10 people. The chairs are also in dark red color.

I see Hongjoong is way too obsessed with red.

Unintentionally, my eyes meet with Wooyoung, whose stare also set on me. His expression is void of previous playfulness and replaced with something I can't pinpoint.

His character might appear to be a flirt and easy going person but he does that to hide his real emotion. I am honestly confused at his actions.

San next to him still gives me a creepy smirk. If I say Wooyoung is confusing then San is a whole new level. Whatever he thinks, even Ateez have a hard time understanding.