Chapter 34 - Star of the night II

Last night after I was dragged away in the middle of my performance by several crews, I felt so queasy and decided to go back to my room. The ship was so shaky that I couldn't walk straight.

"Mr. Helmsman, can you park the ship for a moment? I wanna throw up!" I shouted while wobbling along the way.

Then I caught sight of the culprit who was the cause of my distress. He descended down the stairs looking as fine as ever.

"Yah! Kim Hongjoong!!" I shouted at him on top of my lungs.

Hongjoong stopped in his tracks with an amusing look in his eyes. The seer in front of him was a totally different person when she was in her normal self. Chuckles escaped his lips as he recalled her groundbreaking performance. He was so astonished that he accidentally spilled wine on his coat.

She called him by his full name and angrily pointed at him. Instead of feeling anger, he found the situation entertaining. "Aye, my seeress." He responded.

"You! how could you do that to me?" She ran toward him while sobbing. Her sweet scent and rum brushed his nose as she grabbed on his coat collar and shook him. He held her hands to stop but she swatted him away. They stood close to each other, so close that he noticed her flushing cheeks and tears brimming in her half opened eyes.

Her body swayed but he was able to catch her in his embrace. He thought she was gonna push him away like in the quarter room this morning but she stayed in his arms. Unexpectedly, she dropped her head on his shoulder. "You don't believe me." Her voice muffled against his shoulder.

He acknowledged that she was upset about his rejection of her premonition dream. Even if she begged him in this condition, he wouldn't change his mind. But she sounded so gloomy right now. His hand impulsively patted softly on her head while the other hand remained at her waist.

"I just want a good ending for us." She craned her neck and whispered against his neck.

Good ending? Hongjoong was curious.

"I don't want to see you get hurt." She whispered again. This time Hongjoong felt a surge of warmth rising in his cold heart. Small smile displayed on the young captain's face. He wanted to tighten the embrace but stopped when he heard her continue. "Tiny Hongjoong need to be protected."

The tiny guy scoffed. He didn't need to be protected and most importantly he wasn't tiny.

She abruptly pulled her head away and stared at him with her sparkle eyes. She leaned her face closer and Hongjoong nervously watched.

Wait, did he just feel nervous? That didn't sound like him. No, this whole action wasn't him at all.

Star lifted her hands up to touch on his mullet. Bright smile appeared on her face.

"I'm the president of Hongjoong's mullet enthusiast club. Promise me you'll never let anyone touch it!" She yelled in his face. But he didn't understand what she meant. He raised his brow at the girl. However, his silence triggered her as she started pulling on his mullet.

"Promise me," She pouted and pulled his hair harder. Hongjoong grimaced, if it was someone else, he swore that person would lose their hands in less than one second. He let go of her waist and tried to grab her hands before his hair fell off.

"What the hell are you doing?!!" An anger filled voice coming from behind him.

The quartermaster quickly pulled the girl away from Hongjoong. The warmth of her body disappeared and was replaced by a chill night breeze.