Chapter 22 - Getting attacked

My head must have turned into a pile of mud as I don't remember the Royal navy making an appearance this early. Or is this the change in timeline? I scratch my head confusedly.

"Royal navy." Aurora mumbles under her breath. Strange light spark in her eyes and disappear when Yunho calls our attention.

"Miss. Don't worry, you're safe with us." Yunho smiles.

To think of it, they're pirates which means they are bad people. Shouldn't we be safe with Royal navy? But since Ateez is the main character, the Royal navy becomes the villain.

"Let's not waste anymore time. Miss Star I need you to tell me everything you see in your premonition." Yunho continues. I can feel urgency in his tone. The presence of Royal navy actually threw them off guard.

"Okay." I answer Yunho and close my eyes, digging into my memory.

The crescent dagger was stolen from Aurora's parents and somehow ended up in the hand of an unknown band of pirates. Their ship was caught in a heavy storm resulting in the ship sinking, all of the crews died. Later the wrecked ship resurfaced on an unknown island. This is the tricky part as I don't know where the island is. So I can only describe the surrounding geography.

As I talked, the navigator jot down on his notebook the whole time.

One hour passed by quickly and suddenly a loud cannon sound could be heard from our ship. In a brief moment, the other ship fired back which made our whole ship shake violently.

The fight has started. My blood runs cold as fear creeps into my heart. Am I going to witness another bloody fight?

"I guess that's enough information for me to estimate the location." Yunho is a young talented navigator. He is able to predict the area from my poor description.

"Stay here and don't leave this room. It's for your safety. I'll be back." He warns us, taking Wonderland map and going inside Hongjoong's cabin.

I am left with Aurora in this vast room. The room fills with continuous cannon sound from outside. I tremble in my seat every time cannonballs hit our ship.

Because the cannonball has no eye, it might penetrate into the room and explode in my face any second. Especially I'm a side character, there's a high chance that I would become cannon fodder for real.

Aurora also winces and gets paler by seconds.

But she has nothing to be worried about since she's the protagonist, she won't die easily. So I shift my chair to stay close to her in hope that her halo will protect me too.

Suddenly the ship lurch violently, I almost fall off the chair.

Ouch! I hear Yunho's painful groan from another room.

"Yunho what happened?" I shout, worrying that he got hurt. But he doesn't respond back.

"Wait here. I'll look after him." I say to Aurora and head to Hongjoong's cabin.

I open the door and stride inside.

My eye quickly found Yunho on the floor, his hands covering his head.

I crouch down next to him." You okay?"

He looks up startled, "You shouldn't be here."

"Sorry, I was worried." I pout while observing the red swollen forehead of Yunho.

Yunho's face turns soft when he sees the girl pout guiltily. "No, I'm fine, thanks. I slipped when the ship lurched. Miss Star, I don't want to be rude but please leave. I'll be outside in a minute."