Chapter 37 - Visitors

I subtly steal a glance at a man who caused my room temperature to drop. His sharp eyes bore a hole at me, I suddenly feel pain in my stomach double. His all black outfit can make people mistake him as a grim reaper. Hopefully, he didn't come here to collect my soul.

Of all people on this ship, why did this guy visit me?

"So what did Hongjoong misunderstand?" Seonghwa sits on a stool with his back straight and exudes an unnecessary intimidating aura to scare me.

"Uh...nothing." I responded. How can I explain such an embarrassing story to him?

He scoffs and folds his arms, "Whatever, it's not like I want to know what's going on between you two."

I blink at him. What does he think is going on between Hongjoong and me? Judging from his disgusted expression, it's not something good.

After his remark, we both fall into uncomfortable silence.

I play with the helm of my shirt while staring at the ceiling. While he continues to pressure me with his dark aura.

"How are you feeling?" He asks. His tone is surprisingly softer than usual.

I instantly snap my head at him, did he just ask me...nicely? I was too shocked to answer him so he raised his brow at me in annoyance.

"Um, fine." I answer. Seonghwa definitely acts weird today. Even though he still appears cold, he's less hostile. Did he get hit in the head?

"Fine? Said a person lying unconscious for a full day." He snickers, peering at my pitiful state.

"Then I'm not fine at all." I grimace, maybe the kraken didn't hit him hard enough.

"Said someone who was so stupid to barge inside a battle zone." Seonghwa scoffs again.

I shift uncomfortably on my bed. Perhaps what I saw earlier was my own illusion, he's still being savage as always.

"But you saved Jongho. I'd say it was brave of you." Seonghwa speaks and looks elsewhere but me.

Eyes wide, I was dumbstruck. He just complimented me. It was a compliment, right?

"Stop staring at me, it's annoying." He grumbles.

"Woah, I didn't expect the notorious quartermaster to compliment me. I feel so honored." I cover my mouth to stifle giggles.

Seonghwa's expression turns dark. He knew it's a bad decision to come here alone. Who would stop him from murdering this girl?

I immediately stop giggling when I notice him taking something out of his waist strap, silver light flickering into my eyes. Seonghwa dark eyes gaze over me. Now I clearly see the life-threatening object in his hand.

I scream and throw my pillow at him. It bounced off his head and fell to the ground.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Seonghwa growls. His eyes flash dangerously as well as the dagger in his hand.

"Don't stab me!" I cry. Just because I teased him, he planned to stab me. You are no fun, Seonghwa.

He startles and glances at the dagger in his grip. He must've looked like a killer. Seonghwa clears his throat and lower his hand.

"I'm not stooping so low to stab a weak girl. I'm here to return it to you." He grumbles as he hands me the familiar dagger. It's San's dagger.

"Who the heck would know that." I mumble grumpily, my heart still racing crazily.