Ending II - The Angel part II

As the footsteps of the stranger approaches us closer and closer, Yeosang grips my wrist tightly. I glance at the street ahead and slightly bend my knees, ready to sprint back to Stargazer as soon as Yeosang gives me a signal.

"Yeosang, is that you?" The woman calls him again. Instead of running, Yeosang knits his brows and turns around. He instantly gasps, letting go of my wrist.

Confused by his action, I whirl around to see whoever this woman is.

A few steps away from us stands a beautiful woman in a pink silk dress who appears at our age. Her brown hair and eyes sparkle under the sun. She wears a diamond necklace and earrings that beam light into my eyes. Two muscular men stand behind her like bodyguards. She looks like a real life rich young lady of a mafia family.

Yeosang turns completely rigid, "Amelia..."

I raise my brow questioningly at Yeosang for knowing this beautiful woman. However, he doesn't notice my signal as his eyes glue onto her.

"It's really you!" The woman exclaims and advances toward us. The bodyguards follow her, but she gestures to them to stay where they are. As soon as she reaches Yeosang, she pounces on him, I mean hug him. "I couldn't believe we'd meet here. I miss you so much."

"M-me too." Yeosang stammers in a daze and pats her back softly.

Amelia giggles, withdrawing from Yeosang. "You've changed so much, but you're still as handsome as ever."

Because of her compliment, a shy smile appears on his face. I frown at their interaction. This woman must be someone important to Yeosang, or else he wouldn't risk exposing our identity by staying here to flirt with her.

Anyhow, I hate the fact that they treat me like air, like hello! I'm still standing here.

"I didn't think that you'd notice me in this." Yeosang touches his beard. Today he doesn't tie his hair and let it cover the side of his face, and he wears a black tricorne.

"How could I not remember my first love?" She covers her mouth while giggles in a high pitch tone.

What!!?? I almost spit my saliva. So this is the girl that Yeosang told me she was his first love, the girl who later got married to a rich merchant!

"How's your husband?" Yeosang brushes his nose shyly, his cheeks flush pink when the woman mentions that he was her first love.

Her smile instantly fades. "He died a month ago. Heart attack." She answers Yeosang, deadpanned.

"Oh, I'm sorry for your loss." Yeosang says politely. But she shakes her head.

"I never loved him, but my family forced me to marry that old man. It was terrible, marrying someone you never have feelings for. The only good thing is his businesses become mine."

I grimace at her for speaking her mind out loud, even Yeosang looks awkward with her answer.

Amelia doesn't get a clue from Yeosang's reaction and draws closer to him, whispering anxiously. "I heard a rumor that you and Wooyoung were on the previous pirate king's ship, is that true?"

Like cold water pouring on my body, I share a nervous glance with Yeosang as he looks startled as well. My hand immediately reaches toward San dagger at my belt. Our secret must not be blown out today. If she exposes us, I'll silence her here and now. And for her giant bodyguards, I'll just run.

But when the scary bodyguards peer in my direction, I discard my evil thoughts and shout at Amelia. "No, we're working on a merchant ship! The rumor is so baseless!"