Chapter 64

Dedicated to sweet Rachel Scott. Rip! #AcceptedTheChallenge!
~~
"Girls it is time to go." I said. "Hold on mom." Kenleigh said. Kenleigh took her vans and ran to the car. I giggled. Kennedy and Kendall followed her. They're all 3 in high school! :'( Time flies.
~
Kenleigh's POV:
Today i felt really uneasy about going to school. I had that feeling that wouldn't go away. Something is gonna happen. I just feel it. The lunch bell had just rung. i met up with my best friends, Hope and Jordan.

"What are you looking for?" Jordan asked. "I don't know. I just have a uneasy feeling about today." I said. She shrugged. "Maybe it's because we have testing coming up?" She asked. i shrugged. I knew it wasn't that. I just wanted to drop the subject. I left lunch early and went into the library. "Hi Mrs. Fields!" I said. "hello dear." She said smiling. Even though she is an old lady she is very happy.

*BOOM* I heard that sound from the library. It sounded like it came from the lunch room. Students stumbled into the library. "What was that noise?" Mrs. Fields asked. "There's several men shooting people!" They panicked. OMFG. I took my phone. "911 what's your emergancy?" They asked. "They're people shooting at our school." I said. "What school?" She asked. "Miami Private School." I said. "There has been other phone calls made. There is a squad coming your way." She said. "Oh my god, He is in the library with us." I said. "Stay calm. Don't hang up. Don't make it obvious. What's your name?" She asked. "Kenleigh Mahone." I said. "Kenleigh we are gonna get you out of there safely and quickly as possible." She said. "Promise?" I asked. "I promise." She said. I heard 4 gun shots. I started to cry. How could i not cry? The gunshots got closer. Am i going to die? I hid farther back and texted my mom.
To: mom
I love you. Don't forget it. <3
"Peek a boo." The man said to me before i heard 3 loud sounds then blackness took over my body.
~
Kendra's POV:
I was sitting in my living room reading on my Kindle when i got a text from Kenleigh. I smiled slightly.
From: Kenbugg
I love you. Don't forget it. <3
What did that mean? I turned on the tv. "Miami Private School has been invaded by shooters. There are several hostiages in the school. Such as the lunch area, the library and several different classrooms. There has been calls made by several students and so far there has been 14 injured from the west side of the school. There has been 5 deaths. If you have a child in the school at the moment please go to the school." The tv provider said. I called Austin and got Kade. I took him to Michele's and went to the school with Austin. I have 3 kids in that damn school.

"MOM!" i heard. I turned around and Kennedy and Kendall ran to me. "Oh my gosh. Are you two okay?" I asked. "Yeah we were at cheer practice in another building so we didn't get near them." Kennedy said. I nodded. "Where's Kenleigh?" I asked. They shrugged. "She had library this period." Kendall said. Omg. "That's where most of the deaths are.." I said. The principal came outside with a blow horn. "ATTENTION STUDENTS AND PARENTS. THE SHOOTERS HAVE GONE DOWN. WE WILL WALK INTO THE SCHOOL AS A STAFF AND WE WILL WRITE THE NAMES OF SURIVIORS. IF YOUR CHILD'S NAME ISN'T ON THE LIST THEN THEY ARE EITHER INJURED OR A CASUALTY." He said.
45 minutes later:
I was crying into Austin's shoulder. I cannot let Kenleigh die. If she isn't on the list i will need mental help.
"There is a list posted." Someone shouted. "ATTENTION. THE NAMES ON THE LIST ARE THE NAMES OF INJURED, AND THE ONES UNHARMED. IF YOUR CHILD ISN'T ON THE LIST, THEN THEY ARE CONSIDERED A CASUALTY OR NOT SEEN." He said. I ran to the list.

"Is she on the list?" Austin asked. I fell to the floor crying. "She's not on the list.." I said. "MY DAUGHTER IS NOT ON THIS LIST." I screamed.
~
Do you think she is dead?
Orrrrrr
do you think she is alive but unconsious.?