Chapter 45

"Kendra? What are you doing here?" He asked. "Um, i could ask you the same." I said. "Well, my mom and aunt is here.. So yeah.." he said. "Well, your mom and your aunt are the grandma and aunt to my kids," I said. He rolled his eyes. "Is that.. the twins?" He asked. "Yeah. You would know if you ever even visited them." I said. "Kendra, you wouldn't have let me see them." he said. "That's a lie. And i don't want to fight with you in front of the girls. Kenleigh and Kylie have been asking about you for about 2 weeks." I said. His eyes went wide. "Daddy!" I heard Kylie yell. He picked her up. "You're getting so big." He said. "I know dad! I am in kindergarten, and my teacher is Mrs. Penelope." She said. "That's great. You been watching out for sisters?" He asked. Kylie nodded "Dad, i got a boyfriend." Kenleigh giggled. "A boyfriend? Do i need to speak to him?" He asked. "No. His name is Mr. Giggleworth," She said laughing. "Kenleigh come help grandma." Michele said taking Kenleigh into the kitchen. "He's make believe." I said. "Figured." he chuckled. Kendall was asleep in my lap and Kennedy was walking around in the living room. "They're so big." he said. I nodded. "I remember the day they were born just like it was yesterday. I found you in bed with a slut. I went into labor at the bottom of the stairs. I yelled for you no matter how mad i was.. And you simply told me, you actually think you're gonna have them this time?" I said quoting from my memories. "I said that?" He asked. I nodded. "I'm sorry. I was drunk." He said. I shrugged. "Doesn't really make a difference." I said. He frowned. I got up and carried Kendall into the kitchen. "Lisa you have any wine?" I asked. "Yes in the cabinet." She said getting me a wine glass. I smiled. "Since when do you drink wine?" Austin asked once i carried my wine glass into the living room. "Since i have had nothing else but you on my mind." I said. He frowned. "Will you please just let me explain?" he asked. i shrugged. I placed Kendall on a blanket in the floor. Me and Austin went to the front porch swing. I still had my wine glass in my hand. "Let me explain." he said. I nodded. "When i started cheating on you, it was for you and the girls' safety. My old ex, is a stalker. And she has been following us around for the past 2 years. And well, she told me if i didn't sleep with her that she would hurt you and the girls'. I was thinking of you and the girls safety. I loved you and the girls to much to even think about letting her hurt you." He said. I looked into his eyes. They read, pain, regret, guilt, sorrow, sadness, and a sparkle. He was telling the truth. I pressed my lips against his and kissed him. "Sorry i left. I wasn't really gonna give you a divorce. I was scaring you with the papers so you would feel pain like i felt." I said. "My mom gave you that idea didn't she?" he asked. I blushed and nodded. He chuckled. "I love you Kendra." He said. "I love you to Austin." I said.
••••
This is not over yet. Trust me! I couldn't leave yall without a sequel!