Chapter 22

A few months later:

Austin? I haven't talked to him since the day he left. I am doing perfectly fine for myself. I am 8 months pregnant. Hard to believe right? I'm huge.. :'( Today is my baby shower.

"Hi! Omg, you're glowing!" Ella said hugging me tightly. She was holding 10 month old Kylan. "Hi baby boy." I said smiling. He smiled. She is a few weeks pregnant. Her family believes in large families. As for me? Nope.. I don't. haha.

"Thank you so much!" I said hugging my cousin Layla. She got me a pink chevron blanket to match Kenleigh's bedding with a huge K on the front.

I got a lot of outfits, diapers, wipes, a car seat from my aunt. Michele got me a stroller. Aunt Lisa got Kenbug a onsie that said, If you think i'm hot, you should see my auntie!. I loved that. Lol!

Michele has been staying with me for the past few days to watch after Kylie for me. Kylie is 1 and a half. And she asks about her daddy a lot. "Have you talked to him?" Michele asked. "No.." I said. "I haven't told him about you moving out nor the baby" She said. I nodded. "I feel bad. But it's what i have to do." I said. She nodded in an understanding way.

I was laying in bed rubbing my belly when water ran down my legs. I looked down. My water broke. 2 weeks early!! "MICHELE!" I screamed. She ran in. "I'm having the baby!" I said. She nodded. She went and got Kylie out of bed and got her into the car. While I changed into some yoga leggings that stopped at my knees with my sandals, i put my maroon long sleeve shirt on and grabbed mine and Kenleighs' bags for the hospital. "You're ready ain't ya?" I whispered to my stomach. I went down the hall and out the door. Michele drove me to the hospital as fast as she could. Finally we arrived. "I have a woman in labor!" Michele yelled. They rushed me into a room. "You're not fully dialated.." The nurse said. I nodded. "Walking or pacing induces.." She said. I nodded and started holding my back walking back and forth. Aunt Lisa has been staying with me also. But she was out for the night. She ran into the room. "How are you?" She asked. "Peachy.." I said then groaned in pain. "Kylie is with your cousin Layla.." Lisa said. I nodded. I groaned. The nurse rushed into the room.

"You're ready!!!" They urged. I pushed. Long and Hard. I was in labor for 6 hours. I heard the sharp cries of a baby. "It's a girl!" The doctor said. I smiled. "You done amazing.." Michele said. I smiled. "Thank you.." I said. They placed the baby on my stomach. She had a head full of hair. She looked just like Kylie but tiny. "Name?" The nurse asked. "Kenleigh Rae Lawrence.." I said. She nodded. "Are you gonna tell Austin?" Michele asked. "Will you?" I asked. She nodded.

Michele's POV:

I stepped into the hall and dialed Austin's number. "Hello?" My son answered. "Hey son!" I said. "Whatcha up to?" He asked. "At the hospital.. with Kendra.." I said. "is she okay?" He asked. "She had the baby!" I said. "Oh my gosh.. Really?" He asked. "Yeah.. It was a girl. She named her Kenleigh Rae. She was 6 pounds 4 oz.." I said. "Wow.. Um, is Kendra okay?" He asked. "Yes.." I said. "Can i come see her?" Austin asked. "I don't think that's a good idea.." I said. "Mom, my daughter has just been brought into the world!" He said. "Yes i know. I will send you pictures. We can factime later..." I said. "Okay.." He said. I hung up and went back into the room. "What'd he say?" She asked. "he wants to come see you and the baby. But i told him no.." I said. She nodded. I held Kenleigh in my arms. I had the nurse take a photo of me and Kenbug. I took a picture of Kenleighs' face and sent it to Austin.

To: Austin

Your baby girl, Kenleigh Rae!

I sent the picture. I smiled at my new granddaughter. When i got a call from Austin. "Hello?" I asked. "Mom, she's beautiful.." Austin said. I smiled and continued talking to my son.