Chapter 118 - End of the Reckoning

If you haven't read the Butterfly of Change, you may skip this part to the part with this mark (*******************************************)

....

In the middle of total darkness, a certain young boy is standing on a shallow body of water, reaching only his ankle. Oddly, the oversized black uniform and purple hakama he wore didn't get wet after being soaked by the water.

It feels like the water is just an illusion, but not at the same time, because every time the boy move, ripple will be made on the surface of the water.

He playfully jumped a few times, causing the water to splashed onto his clothes and long black hair which is tied into ponytail. The droplet quickly slide down from his clothes and hair, leaving his entire figure completely dry.

*Splish* *Splash*

"Ahahaha~."

The boy giggled happily.

There is nothing in this place. As far as the eyes can see, only everlasting darkness exist. An empty world.

Nothing born, nothing die, nothing...

Since this place is between life and death. One may think that hell is thousand times better after seeing this place.

As there is nothing better to do, a small entertainment like this is enough to make him happy and helped him to pass time. After all, time basically nonexistent in this place.

As the boy is having fun by himself, sounds of flapping can be heard from above.

The young boy looked up.

From the boundless darkness, small bird slowly come into view. Its silver colored feather is very eye catching, making it impossible not to notice it.

Big grin surfaced on the young boy face.

"Zen-chan!!"

He looks very happy seeing the silver bird.

The silver bird slowly descended and the boy open his arms wide before he hug it happily. On a closer look, the silver bird has a size of a small dog, but the weirdest thing is this bird got three legs instead of two.

The silver bird shake its body left and right, trying to break free from the young boy arms.

"Gahhh! You are going to crush me, kid!"

The bird complained in pain.

Ignoring the bird pained voice, the boy spoke.

"Zen-chan! Zen-chan! What should we play today?"

"We don't have time for that. Let's change place first."

"Why?"

"I just explored the area in front. There are a troublesome pest in the surrounding."

"Ehhh... Don't wanna!"

The young boy whined.

"You already promised to play with me! Just exterminate that pest like you always do!"

"Listen here you little-"

The young boy immediately cut the silver bird sentence.

"Zen-chan... could it be you are scared?"

A vein popped out from the silver bird head.

"Hah?"

"You always talk big before. Could it be everything you said have no weight? No choice. Let's go to a safer place."