Chapter 56 - Tamayo & Yuushirou

Morning in Ubuyashiki estate.

Many pillars have come, inside the house, they are having a meeting with the leader of the demon hunter. Almost every pillars present, except for two people, Kochou Shinobu, and Tomioka Giyuu.

Kagaya face is as gentle and kind as ever, even his tone never changes, making everyone wonder if Kagaya ever gets angry or sad.

"My cute swordsmen, the last thing I want to talk about today is none other than Naoto. Naoto already disappear for two and a half years pursuing the upper moon. Now, we also got a little bit of a problem."

Kyojurou asks with a concerned voice.

"Is it about the massacre incident oyakata-sama?"

Kagaya nodded, there is a little hint of seriousness in his voice.

"Right, I'm sure all of you already know from the newspaper, there is a lot of massacre lately, all of the victims are criminals, crime organization, and corrupt officials. According to the witnesses, when the incident happens they always see a man wearing purple haori with a golden owl pattern on the back, although they said they can't see his face because he is wearing a straw hat. They call this man 'owl', I don't want to believe it but I'm very sure it's none other than Naoto."

Everyone becomes quiet when they hear his name, they already know about it a long time ago. When the first massacre happened, nobody know who is the culprit. But after the second massacre a few weeks later, it's found out a man wearing purple haori with owl pattern is the culprit. No one knows who this man is, but the core of the demon hunter knows it's Naoto.

"Naoto didn't kill people blindly, all of the victims are criminals, and he saves every captives and slave held by the criminals, this in itself can be considered justice. However... we are demon hunters, our job is not to kill people but to protect them. We already investigate all of it, in fifteen massacre, the number of people Naoto kill already reached four hundred and forty-seven people."

All of the pillar present hold their breath, they already know the number of people who died are many, but hearing the exact number is still terrifying.

"Many people feel grateful for being saved by Naoto, still... it's not our place to judge them. Also, around the place Naoto went, there is no demon activity could be detected, presumably he also exterminate every demon he meets on the way. Luckily, by following the trail of clue leave by Naoto, we manage to pinpoint his next location. Gyomei, Kyojurou, and Sanemi. I want the three of you to bring Naoto back."

"""I understand oyakata-sama."""

Three of them said in unison.

"Forgive for being impolite oyakata-sama, but why don't we also send Kochou Shinobu? I'm sure it's easier to bring him back like that."

Tengen asked in confusion, but Kagaya shook his head.

"Shinobu already has a lot of things to handle, I'm sure hearing about what Naoto did also greatly shock her. If we send Shinobu along, the problem will become very complicated. This is why I didn't invite Shinobu to the meeting today, the same reason for Giyuu. Gyomei, Sanemi, kyojurou, please depart as soon as possible, I will send the Kasugai crow to guide the three of you."

Gyomei raised his head and asked.

"If Karasuma didn't comply, oyakata-sama?"

"You can use force if needed."

...

Nighttime, in a certain mountainous area.

Two shadow flashes at a very fast speed. The purple shadow is chasing after the red shadow. They jumped from tree to tree like a lightning. Suddenly a giant pit formed beneath the purple shadow, a long and strong tentacle shoot out and grabbed his leg in the midair.