Chapter 110 - Desperate Answers

Gyomei and Naoto are standing with Kokushibou in the middle, they are preparing to pincer attack him again. Kokushibou start to talk to Gyomei.

"I see... so you're marked too... How unfortunate..."

"Unfortunate?"

"Based on your looks... I'm guessing your age... is about twenty-seven more or less..."

"And what is wrong with that?"

"I will... lament your loss... Every single marked person... dies before reaching the age of twenty-five. Even if your mark appears and you increase your power... in the end... you're only living on borrowed time. You are the past the age of twenty-five... and got your mark only now... you are probably going to die sometime tonight. Your body and technique which you have devoted yourself all this time... will vanish from this world... don't you think that's regrettable?

"Pfft!"

Naoto let out a mocking laugh, Kokushibou glanced at Naoto.

"What... is so funny?"

Naoto smiled and said sarcastically.

"Do you really think I'm the only one who knows about it?"

Gyomei also speaks.

"Like what Karasuma said, everyone who has been marked knows this story already. And no, I don't think it's regrettable."

"So... you knew..."

"Even if the mark never appeared, as long as I am part of the demon hunters, there's no guarantee that I'll live to see tomorrow. What is there to regret about my life now? You can't become a pillar with that kind of half-hearted resolution. Your excessive insults are making my body seethe in anger."

"But I wasn't only talking about something as boring as your life... By becoming a demon, you can preserve your body... preserve your techniques... why can't you understand this... fool."

"There is nothing to understand, we humans find that living and dying as a human being preserves our dignity. Don't you dare force your pathetic worldview onto others and call it the supreme one."

Naoto shrug his shoulder with a mocking smile.

"It's useless Himejima-san, talking about worldview with people who abandon everything for an illusion. Old man... is there any good by preserving our body and techniques when you don't have anything important to hold on? That's nothing but living hell..."

"Cursed child... you who only born yesterday... don't know anything about the world..."

"Does that make you who live for hundreds of years know anything about it? It's true that compared to you demon, human life is just a small candle that being compared with a sun. But that's what make it special... Just like firefly that looks beautiful because they have short life, if you see a firefly everyday then it will look very boring and lost all of it special beauty. What you say just now is nothing but a self-conceited idea. Compared to us firefly that live for a month, we can fly to see the big vast world. While you turtle who live for hundreds of years can only see a boring flat ground in the same pond, just like how simple and boring your way of thinking is. We know more despite our short lives, stop talking like you know everything. And..."

"..."

"...you really make me want to puke..."

After saying that, the white part of Naoto eyes turn black and his brown eyes glow with golden light.

"[Eightfold Wheel, Vajrayaksha, Devourer of the Demon: Opening the second path]."

Kokushibou can feel the air being sucked in toward Naoto, in that moment he feel a bit chill. He frowned a little, the air becomes very heavy.