Chapter 9 - Abilities

Reigen was speechless when he saw Naoto come back grinning from ear to ears.

"Master I have destroyed that boulder!"

"Stupid. I already expect it, but I'm not expecting you to take this long. Hurry and change your clothes, there is still something I haven't tell you."

He feels a bit disappointed, he was hoping his master will praise him.

"Ah, yes."

After changing his clothes into a clean one, Naoto sit facing Reigen, he keeps wondering what Reigen want to talk about, today Reigen look a bit different. How should he say this, Reigen feel a bit softer than before.

"Kid, let me tell you about the demon. Is there anything you know about the demon?"

"I only know about their weakness."

"Then let me explain to you everything you don't know yet. Every demon you already meet and will meet, are a human that got turned into a demon by a man named Kibutsuji Muzan, so without you knowing, Kibutsuji has killed a lot of people by controlling every people he turned into a demon. He is our true enemy."

His heart grew cold hearing what Reigen said. He listens to everything Reigen said seriously.

"Does that mean he is the one who kills my family?"

"Without a doubt, he is the one who is responsible for the death of every people that got killed by the demon, including your family. There is all kind of demon, many of them could use an ability called demon blood technique. Some can create a weapon from their body, controlling force of nature, and even causing a weird phenomenon. But the most dangerous out of every demon is the moon type demon, they are Kibutsuji Muzan elite soldier, just like our demon hunter pillar."

"They are that strong?"

"Yes, there are two strata on moon demon. Lower moon and Upper moon. To be honest, in my opinion, you shouldn't worry about the lower moon. Almost all of them are very weak, they are still stronger than normal demon but they are still weak compared to us pillar. I already kill more than twenty lower moons."

"Doesn't that mean moon demon are not something we need to worry about?"

"You're wrong, boy. The lower moon may not possesses too many dangers to us. However, the one you need to be careful with is the upper moon demon. All of them are a hundred times stronger than the lower moon. The difference is like day and night, it makes me wonder why there is a lower moon in the first place."

"H-how strong are these upper moon, master?"

"They have killed a lot of pillars. If I were to say it based on how many people it needs to take down one moon demon, at least you need more than three pillars. Even in my time, not a single pillar ever kill an upper moon."

"M-Master, before that can I know your rank?"

Reigen smiled and answered.

"I'm just your average demon hunter, but the leader of demon hunter before want to give me a position of pillar. However, I reject it because it sounds like a hassle to me."

Naoto can feel his heart stop, not by the fact that his master is as strong as pillar. But by the fact that they need more than three people like his master to defeat a single upper moon demon. He already sees how strong his master was, he can casually split a boulder with his spear.

Seeing Naoto's dumbfounded face, Reigen wrinkled face only smiled bitterly.

"It's easy to judge if they are demon moon or not. Usually, there is a number written in their eyes, but it's not always eyes, sometimes it can be written on another part of their body. There are six upper moon demon and six lower moon demons, totaling in twelve moon demon. You will encounter them one day, and if you do, don't hesitate, kill them as fast as possible."