Chapter 52 - Strayed from the Path part 1

I need to thank you everyone who keep supporting me from the start up until now. You guys always give me courage and I really appreciate it!

Now Kimetsu no Yaiba - Twin Butterfly ranked #1 and #3 in both #demonslayer and #kimetsunoyaiba, [/°∆°\]I feel really very shocked when I saw it for the first time, but also feel very happy.

To celebrate it, I speed up the editing remaining drafts.

Enjoy \[^∆^]/

........................…...….……………………

An arm fly off, it belonged to a man with a red robe and red hat. Behind him, there is a pair of steel fans. But unfortunately, the arm quickly regenerate within a second.

Douma still smiling in a calm manner, but his mind keeps making a plan on how to escape. This monster in the form of a human with tattered dark purple haori who stood in front of him has been chasing him non-stop for a few months. This man's body and face are full of bandages and band-aid, yet he can keep fighting like it was nothing.

At first, he thought that once the night arrives he can kill this hunter, but no matter what he does, he couldn't kill this man. All of the Douma attacks just won't reach him and only manage to give a little flesh wound. Douma managed to survive by hiding his presence when the sun rises and eating the unlucky human on the way to replenish his power quickly.

In return, this man manages to injure and cut all of his limbs one by one using a lot of weapons like axe, cleaver, sharp steel wire, dagger, explosives, and a lot more. Even there is a lot of time where he thought he will lose his head. Douma begins to wonder how many hidden weapons he has.

Every time he thinks he already escaped, this man will suddenly re-appear behind or in front of him like a ghost.

"Something is clearly wrong with his head, don't he need to rest? He didn't look that tired even though there is a lot of injuries on his body, even for a pillar there is a limit of how long their body can keep moving with all of those injuries."

"I'm very hungry, and my regeneration speed already began to slow down. I can't calmly eat because of this guy. But to think Muzan-dono refused to send the other upper moon to help me really put me in a bad situation. He overrated my abilities too much, even though I'm an upper moon two, I'm not Kokushibou-dono. Nakime-chan also refused to help me, with her spatial technique I can instantly getaway."

His need for human flesh is very high right now. When he battled Kanae, Douma already use a considerable amount of energy. And now, this young man won't let him eat to replenish his energy. Naoto keeps hunting him when the night comes. Both of them are in a stalemate right now, Douma didn't have too much energy and Naoto have a lot of injuries.

"Hey, please let me go?"

"No, how many times do I need to say it? My once master said an owl never let his prey run away."

Reigen words resurfaced on his mind.

("Brat, owl is an apex predator of the night. We, the swordsman are the predator who preys on the demon. It's not the other way around. Quench your hunger for demon, devour all evil demon.")

"How can you keep using breathing form? I already freeze the air, your lungs should've been frozen and shredded if you try to breathe."

Douma asked in a friendly manner. The man cold eyes appeared beneath the straw hat he wears.

"You did? I see, so you use this kind of technique to kill her... I thought it was weird why there are no external injuries on her body... But I'm sorry, you are too weak I didn't realize it. I have trained in cold and icy mount Tsurugi, breathing a thin and cold air like this is a breeze to me."