Chapter 73 - Versus Akaza

Suddenly giant dark clouds formed in the sky.

"Breathless form [Fourth plane: Rumbling Thunder, Lightning Tribulation]."

Both Akaza and Kyojurou feel something is coming at a very fast speed in the middle of their exchange. When both of them almost touch each other, a purple lightning strikes down from above. Loud sounds of thunder reverberate through the sky.

Tanjirou and Inosuke feel shocked by the loud sound.

"Thunder?"

"Zenitsu?"

Making a dust cloud covers the area. Tanjirou panicked, he don't know what just happen. He really hopes Kyojurou is okay. When the dust cleared, both Tanjirou and Inosuke can finally see what happened.

A man with bartender outfit and purple butterfly haori is standing between Kyojurou and Akaza.

"Nii-san!?"

"Naoto!?"

Inosuke and Tanjirou feel shocked seeing who just arrive.

Kyojurou katana is broken, and Akaza body almost cleanly got split in half. It quickly regenerate back. In that short moment, Akaza almost kill Kyojurou, but because of the unknown person's interference, he needs to change his objective and destroy Kyojurou katana. Akaza hurriedly jumped back to regenerate his injuries.

Seeing Naoto in front of him, Kyojurou look dumbfounded. He was prepared to sacrifice his life in that last attack, but Naoto save him.

"Karasuma!?"

Ignoring Kyojurou call, Naoto stare at Akaza with a terrifying light in his eyes. His cold voice reach Akaza ears.

"Oi, fucker... are you the one who makes me see that horrible thing?"

Akaza feel confused by what Naoto said.

"Huh? What are you talking about?"

"I'm asking if you are the one who makes me see that nightmare you shit for brain..."

Akaza finally understand what Naoto was talking about, with a taunting smile Akaza say.

"So what if I did?"

A very heavy pressure suddenly falls upon everyone present. It feels like the air itself vibrates, making one hard to breathe. Kyojurou look at Naoto worriedly, this is the same pressure he gives when he was pursuing the demon who kills Kanae.

Tanjirou look very worried, he can smell a lot of hate and anger coming from Naoto. Inosuke feels all of the hair in his body stand up. The hostility is not directed toward him, but he can still feel something dangerous.

Akaza frowned, this is the second time he feel this kind of pressure. The vibe this man give is very different from human, it's closer to a demon.

Suddenly, Naoto appears in front of Akaza with a body clad in purple lightning. Akaza widen his eyes in shock.

"...Death... [First plane: Heavy Torrent, Cloudburst]."

A giant cloud appeared on the axe and it slams down toward Akaza head like heavy unrelenting rainfall.

"[Destructive kill: War style]."

Akaza throws a very strong punch full of explosives power. When Akaza hand and Naoto axe connected, it make a huge shockwave. The trees started to sway from the shockwave, and a huge crater starts to appear beneath Akaza. He starts to kneel down from the pressure. The axe is still stuck in Akaza arms.

"[Compass Needle]."

A circle of oriental compass appears below Akaza.

"Making my family... and Kanae say something like that... I won't let you die easily..."