Chapter 11 - Final Selection Start

At the foot of the mountain, the sun has set. Many people gathered, most of them ranged from twelve years old to sixteen years old. Around the mountain, wisteria flower bloomed, making the mountain look purple. It was beautiful and otherworldly.

Among them, there are three kids, one has a peach hair and fox mask with yellow-green square-patterned kimono combined with white haori, the other one wore a dark red hakama, and lastly, a boy wearing dark purple haori with golden owl pattern and dark green kimono.

With a curious gaze, Giyuu looks around.

"I didn't expect a lot of people to show up."

Sabito also glanced at every participant, most of them have Katana in their waist and back.

"There must be more than thirty participants."

Unlike Sabito and Giyuu, Naoto didn't look interested at all. He didn't even bother looking at them and casually eating his grilled squid.

"Munch, munch, Hm, yeah, but all of them look weak to me. Can they really pass this test? Munch, munch."

Panicked, Giyuu put his finger to his lips, and Sabito hurriedly covers Naoto's mouth before he can say anything further.

"Shhh... Na-Nao! What are you saying?! Don't cause any problem!"

"S-stupid!"

Many people look into their direction with an unhappy face. Sabito and Giyuu smiled at them awkwardly, they began to whisper to Naoto.

"Idiot! You are going to be disqualified if you make a scene here!"

"T-That's right! Do you want your dream to end here?"

Seeing Sabito and Giyuu panicked like this, Naoto feels taken aback.

"I... I'm sorry. But it's true they are weak as fuck, even both of you are clearly stronger than them."

Sabito is giving Naoto a weird look.

"That's not the problem here- wait how did you know?"

"Both of you give a different current."

When Naoto used his flow sense to check the participant, all of them have a very weak current. Unlike the participant, Sabito gives a very strong flow of current. Giyuu, although have a weak current, there is something special about his flow of current.

Scratching his head furiously, Sabito grabbed both of Naoto's shoulders and stared into Naoto's eyes with a scary smile.

"I don't understand what are you talking about. Anyway, stop talking until the final selection over! Please?!"

"O-okay. And your face is too close."

Giyuu and Sabito sighed in relieve after they urge Naoto, however it didn't last long. Suddenly some kids that look older walk toward them with an unhappy face. Both Giyuu and Sabito have a bad feeling about this. The three people surrounded Naoto, Giyuu, and Sabito hurriedly step back to see the condition first.

"Oi, fuck face! What did you mean by that?"

"Do you want to try it?"

"Oi, oi, say something!"

However Naoto ignored them, he only stares at them with a poker face and swallowed the last bite of his grilled squid.

"Oi, why don't you say anything now huh?"

"I bet he is scared shitless right now."

Giyuu tried to stop the three guys.

"I- I'm sorry about his behavior but he didn't mean anything bad by that. S-so could you just let it go this time?"