Chapter 102 - Opening of the Final Battle

Inside the forest around Ubuyashiki residence. Naoto and Gyomei is sitting in front of a bonfire, the sky slowly getting darker and darker. Naoto opened his bento box and share it with Gyomei.

"Himejima-san, Shinobu made this, want to have some?"

Ggyomei smiled and take the food from Naoto's hand.

"Sure, thank you Karasuma."

"You need to thank Shinobu for that. We need to eat a lot while we can, because after this there won't be any time for leisure."

"You're right. Mm, her cooking is as good as I can remember. You're lucky that you can eat this kind of food every day."

Naoto smiled wryly.

"Yes... I'm truly blessed."

Gyomei stop moving his chopstick and say in a low voice.

"Karasuma, I'm sorry for everything I said back then."

Naoto also stop eating and gazed at the bonfire.

"No, it's my fault Himejima-san. You didn't do anything wrong at all, I should have known better. I'm sorry."

Gyomei smile softly.

"You have changed a lot ever since you come back."

"I just realized what is important, I didn't change at all."

"No, you definitely changed. You also get closer to other pillars and can speak your mind freely to them. Even oyakata-sama feel happy by it."

"Okay, enough about me. Let's eat first."

"Yes."

After dinner, darkness began to shroud the entire mountain. Naoto put out the bonfire with water.

"It's almost time."

"Mm."

"Himejima-san, good luck."

"Good luck, all of us will need it."

Both of their voices sound very serious. Gyomei immediately dashed off somewhere into the darkness. Naoto picks his anti-tank rifle which is taller than him up.

He picks a medium-sized pouch full of bullet made from the same material as the nichirin blade. Naoto climb up the tallest tree, he can see Kagaya residence clearly while keep hiding in the dark forest.

It took him three days to find this perfect spot for sniping.

As he sits there, a red-crowned crane appears right in front of Naoto. Naoto lightly smile.

"Shiro, good thing you come here. Maybe you already know this, today will be the day everything come to an end, be it for the better or for the worse. Can you take care of the children back home if something happen to me?"

Shiro nodded like a human.

"Thank you..."

Naoto petted Shiro with a small smile.

"Although you are just some old perverted crane... I feel very grateful that you always stay by my side in these eight years. Thank you, Shiro..."

Shiro suddenly uses his own head and rubbed Naoto's cheeks.

"Hehehe, that tickles. Okay, go now. This place will soon become a battlefield."

Shiro nodded again before he flies away. Naoto keep staring at Shiro figure fly off into the dark sky. 

...

In the Ubuyashiki estate.

A man in mid-twenties and red eyes like cat appear in the garden. Inside his room, Kagaya is laying down with his wife, Amane by his side. Kuina and Nichika, Kagaya twin daughter are playing a ball in the garden.