Chapter 88 - Swordsmith Village

To reach the swordsmith village, one must be carried by Kakushi and being passed to a different Kakushi along the way. This is a way to prevent people know about the location of the swordsmith village. Not even the pillar know about its location. Only Kagaya and the villager themselves who know the location.

Naoto has been given permission to visit the swordsmith village a long time ago by Kagaya. He is an exception from the other pillar who can visit the swordsmith village without being accompanied by the Kakushi. Nobody knows this and this is a secret privilege given by Kagaya to him. Nepotism is good.

He manages to reach the village first because he already knows the location, so he can rush there with his horse. Because of this, he can reach the village faster than Tanjirou who needs to get passed along the way by kakushi.

The swordsmith village is not too big. Many of its villagers is wearing a clown mask, their identity is a secret. Naoto is asking a direction to Tecchin house from the villager. It's not hard to find Tecchin living place, it's the biggest house in the village.

In the living room Tecchin is sitting on the mat, beside him there is another two-man with a clown mask that acts as a bodyguard.

"Brat, I didn't expect to see you here. I thought you already died since I never heard about your whereabout."

Naoto put down his suitcase and leather backpack down before sitting on the tatami.

"It's been a long time since the last time you saw me, and the first thing you do is to roast me? I bet you already heard about my arrival more than half a year ago. Or are those Kasugai crows only a decoration?"

"Hmph, even your mouth is sharper than before. So what do you want today?"

The servant served a tea to Naoto, he takes it with a smile.

"Thank you."

After thanking the servant he took a sip and heaves a sigh.

"Nothing that much of a big deal, I just want some maintenance for my axe and cleaver."

Naoto open his suitcase and took out the silver axe and black cleaver. Two bodyguards beside Tecchin walked toward Naoto and take it back to Tecchin to get examined. Tecchin body trembled in anger the moment he saw the condition of the weapon.

"You! Just what did you do to make my masterpiece look ugly like this!?! There is a lot of crack, the blade is chipped, and rust from blood! Do you realize this is a treasure of demon hunter!?!"

Naoto also got angry and speak in his defense.

"I can't help it! I was pursuing an upper moon two! Get it!? Upper moon two! That's the second strongest demon! For three years! And there is a lot of demons I need to slay on the way! I even chase him out to a foreign country! Tell me how I need to maintain its condition in that kind of situation!?"

"Stop making an excuse! Do you think how much pain I need to go through just to make this weapon!? And you didn't even take care of it properly!"

"Listen here you stinky old ma-"

Suddenly a familiar voice sounded behind Naoto.

"Anooo..."

Both of them look behind. They saw Tanjirou is standing there with an awkward smile.

"Uh... Did I interrupt something important?"

"Oh, Tanjirou, you finally arrived."

Tanjirou stared at Naoto in shock.

"N-nii-san!? What are you doing here?"

Naoto pointed his finger at Tecchin.

"I'm here to do some maintenance for my weapon with this dirt stench old man over here."