Chapter 50 - Versus Douma

Sorry for the slow update today, I got a overtime work today. I can only publish two chapter for now. The remaining draft is still in the middle of editing. I will post it as soon as possible when I get home.

Enjoy~ \[^∆^]/

.............................................................

A man with purple haori is riding a horse toward the east with top speed. The sun started to rise, he needs to hurry and find the demon or he will escape. It's not been too long so he should not be far.

"The sun hasn't fully risen yet, if I were a demon, I will run from the place where the sun won't reach that easily. And that is behind the mountain. Feel the flow, feel it."

A giant cold and violent current swirl not too far in front of him, his eyes sharpen. For normal swordsman, they already run away the moment they feel this sense of dread. But for Naoto, he feels very happy instead of fear.

He can see a man with a red robe and red hat are running with a very fast speed in the rooftop, like he thought, this demon is running toward the mountain. He got a pair of steel fan on his waist. Without a doubt, this is the demon who kills Kanae.

The corner of his mouth arched up, forming a cruel smile.

"...Found you..."

The demon with a red robe sensed something is approaching him with a very fast speed from his left side. Just in time, he manages to block an attack from a purple shadow with both of his steel fan. The demon can feel his hand trembled, the attack he blocked just now is very heavy.

"Who is it?!"

The demon saw a girl with dark purple haori stand in front of him, she wields a silver axe. The light from the sky that starts to brighten makes the silver axe look like a rainbow.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Douma, upper moon two. You are a hunter, right? Who might you be?"

Douma greet Naoto with a calm smile.

Naoto ignored douma and pounced toward him, unleashing a series of attacks, each of them is very fast and powerful. Douma dodge every single of Naoto attack by hair breath.

"What is this? She is certainly fast but her speed should be lower than me, to think I have a hard time just to evade her attack. And her smell... rare blood? And an extremely pure one on top of that. I can't eat that girl from before, but this girl also looks beautiful and appetizing. Okay, I will quickly kill her."

Naoto can see where Douma will move because of his flow sense. Thanks to Tanjurou, now he realized that he also can see the direction of where his enemy heading, it's not limited to their attack. Naoto can even feel the flow of multiple targets at once and interrupt their flow of attack.

Both of them start to chat in the middle of exchanging blow.

"What did I do to you? I never meet you before."

"Yes, but now we do."

"Hm? You're a male?"

Seeing the black butterfly ornament in the Naoto ponytail, Douma suddenly realized something.

"Ah, I see~. Are you that flower breath girl friend?"

"..."

Naoto ignored Douma and keep attacking him with his silver axe to which Douma will evade and block by hair breath. It's the same with Naoto, he also barely block each of Douma attacks. Some of the attack managed to get pass through and grazed his face.

"I thought you are a girl for a second back there. If you didn't speak maybe I already mistake you as one. I really want to eat that flower breath girl you see, she's very strong, she can hold her ground against me until morning. I really love beautiful and strong girl. Too bad I can't eat her, she is very good at escaping, and the sun is almost up so I leave her alone. I never eat a man before, but since you look beautiful and your blood is very precious, I decide to eat you~."