Chapter 93 - Birthmark

Tanjirou, Genya, Muichirou, and Kanroji is being treated in butterfly estate. Four of them right now is sleeping in the patient room. Tanjirou, Genya sleep in one room. While Kanroji and Muichirou have their own room.

Inside the clinic, Shinobu is treating Naoto injuries.

"Take off your clothes."

Naoto takes off his shirt, showing a muscular body like a gymnast. There is a lot of scar and burn marks on his back and front. There is also a lot of bruises and wound from the previous fight. Shinobu frowned when she saw Naoto's right arm, the skin from his shoulder to his arm looks blue with purplish color.

"You... you forced your arm to work very hard even though your shoulder bone is cracked. Not only that, your arm also fractured. I'm amazed you can move it."

"I'm fighting an upper moon, there is no choice but to force it. Everyone is fighting with their lives, if this kind of injuries is enough to make me scared then I already stop being a demon hunter long ago."

Shinobu sighed and look at Naoto worriedly.

"Sigh, it's not about that you fool. What if it permanently damage your arm? You won't be able to fight anymore if that happens."

"R-right, I'm sorry... but it's true I didn't have any choice at the time..."

"Well, since you said you can keep moving it in a fight, I suspect it's only a fissure and the bone is stressed. But I'll need to check it further with the x-ray."

"Huh? X-ray? We have that here?"

Shinobu pulls a big metal cart from the corner of the room that looks like an x-ray machine. There is a pole and something that look like a telescope.

"Of course, this is a hospital after all. Tanjirou-kun also suffers a fissure on his leg. Do you think how do I heal every swordsman who break their bone?"

"But isn't that, like, very expensive?"

"Oyakata-sama is the one who buys it for us. Because it's very important for the medic department to have the complete and necessary equipment. Here put your arm on the table."

Naoto obediently put his arm on the metal table. Shinobu activated the machine and wait for the result.

"So I heard from Kanroji-san that you smoke a lot in swordsmith village. Looks like you are having fun."

Shinobu smiled at him, and for some reason, her smile is really scary.

"That bitch sell me out! I'm going to kill her next time I see her!"

Naoto cursed at heart, he smiled wryly and tried to make some excuse.

"Uh, only a little bit."

"And how much is a little bit?"

Naoto started to sweat nervously.

"Only one pack?"

Shinobu clapped her hands and smiled cheerfully.

"I don't believe it~. Okay~, no smoking for you until your arms healed~."

"O-one, one per-day as usual, I don't mind if you give me one."

"No~."

"T-then at least-"

"No~."

"B-but-"

"Nnnn-no~."

Naoto hanged his head down in defeat. Usually, he can still smoke as much as he want when he went out to finish a mission. But now that his arm is injured, he won't be able to go out. That means no nicotine for him.