Chapter 32 - Mission with Kanae Part 1

Behind the big old manor, there is a thumping sound. One man stands alone in the middle of light snowfall, the sky looks grey and makes one heart cold. As the silver axe fall down toward the wooden log, it makes a unique thumping sound. The man only wears a single kimono, normal people won't be able to move in this cold, yet for some reason, it's not a problem for this man. 

With every breath he takes, he will blow out a warm fog of air from his mouth. He takes another wooden log and place it upwards before swinging his axe to split the wood into two. 

"Nao, you done? The water is getting cold."

A beautiful voice sounded from the bathroom just right beside where Naoto chop the woods. He take the chopped woods and throw it into the furnace to heat up the water in the bathroom.

"Yes, please wait for a moment Kanae."

Using a bamboo tube, Naoto started blowing air into the furnace. The fire is getting bigger until all of the wood catch on fire. Kanae sweet voice sounded again.

"Thank you~."

"You're welcome."

Naoto went back to chop the wood to stock up their firewood stock while chatting with Kanae who is still taking a bath.

"Hey, why do you use your nichirin axe? Where is your usual wood axe?"

"It's broken, it already got damaged pretty badly when I use it in final selection. It's only a matter of time before it breaks."

They are talking about Naoto's old axe which given by a strange and kind old man. When Naoto uses the axe to fight the hand demon, a lot of cracks already appears on his axe. He thought this is normal because he already uses it chop a lot of things, like hard rock dead trees, and giant boulders. It's a miracle that it can hold up until now. 

"Oh~, then don't let Tecchin-sama see you use the weapon he forged to cut a wood okay? He will snap if he knows about it."

"Hahaha, I don't really care. Axe is made to cut wood, I only use it the way it needs to be used. Besides this axe he made is one hell of a good weapon, I can easily split the log."

"Fufufu, Of course, it's Tecchin-sama after all."

"I can give him the credit for that."

"You're not honest at all, you should've said that in front of Tecchin-sama himself."

"No way, he will start getting cocky if I do that."

"Nee-san, let's take a bath together."

Suddenly Naoto can hear Shinobu happy voice from the bathroom.

"Come, come, Kanao too. We can save more water and wood if we get in together."

"...Yes..."

Naoto looks at steam that comes out from the window gap of the bathroom with a jealous face, their laughter can be heard.

"I envy them, I also want to take a bath with Kanao... but Shinobu will kill me if I do that. The last time I said that she's giving me a death stare."

As he continues to chop the wood, Kanae voice sounded again.

"Nao, we already done, you can get in if you want."

"Yes~."

Naoto arranges all of the firewood he just cut into the furnace room. Before going to bath, he throws a lot of woods into the furnace so he can enjoy the hot water longer. 

After a nice long bath, Naoto went to the living room to relax with Kanae and the other under the kotatsu. Today is Naoto's turn to teach Kanao, he is tasked with teaching math. Constructing building use a lot of math and his father already crams all necessary material into his head.