Chapter 96 - Cloud Pillar Training

In the mountain, Tanjirou, Inosuke, and Zenitsu are training under the rock pillar Himejima Gyomei. It's a muscle reinforcement training. The training consist of meditating under a cold waterfall, lifting a giant log, and moving boulder across the town. All of them are physically demanding.

Right now Tanjirou and the other swordsmen are roasting a fish beside the river.

Inosuke start chewing on the roasted fish and said mouth full of food.

"He is awesome, that ball ball old guy."

Tanjirou sweat dropped.

"You mean Himejima-san? Don't give him any weird nicknames."

Inosuke eats all of the fish including the head and the bone, making everyone shocked.

"He gives me chills ever since I met him. No doubt about it, this guy is the strongest demon hunter. Talking about chills, Naoto also gives me the same vibe when I first met him in Natagumo mountain."

"Oh, right. You are being saved by nii-san back then. I already figured, Himejima-san is the only one with a different smell. But I can't make out what kind of smell nii-san have."

"Yes, all of the hair in my body is standing when I met him. Which one do you think is stronger between both of them?"

"I asked Uzui-san about this before, he said it's hard to say because both of them never fight directly. But according to nii-san, he said Himejima-san is very strong. Himejima-san is the real monster he said. Did his mark show up already?"

"Wouldn't surprise if it did, what about Naoto?"

"Ahhh... he doesn't care if the marks show up or not since he is breathless, there is a huge chance it won't show up at all. So he can't be bothered to train."

The other swordsmen didn't understand what both of them talking about.

A few days later many swordsmen dropped out from Gyomei training because it's too hard. Gyomei said if anyone wants to give up it's totally fine, his training is not compulsory. That's why many swordsmen immediately pack their things and head to the last post.

The last training is being held inside the butterfly estate, everyone already knows about the place so it's not hard to find it. Although they find it weird because this place belongs to the insect pillar Kochou Shinobu, so why the cloud pillar training is being held here? No one knows. Among them, Murata, and the three idiots, Abe, Mori, and Sakai also present.

The gate opened and Aoi along with Sumi, Kiyo, and Naho appear to greet them.

"All of you please follow me."

All of the swordsmen follow Aoi and they stand in front of the hospital.

Everyone begins to chat with each other.

"Oi, is this going to be fine? I heard the cloud pillar is extremely scary."

"I don't know. It's a well-known story that an upper moon is very afraid of him and he keeps running away for his life."

"But I heard he is breathless."

"Isn't that sound impossible?"

"There is a lot of rumor that he is the owl."

"Owl?! You mean that killer who only targeted crime syndicate and underground organization!?"

"Doesn't that mean he already kill a lot of people?"

"More than four hundred people."

"I heard it's a thousand."

"How can someone like this become a demon hunter?"