Chapter 58 - Discussion

Ubuyashiki estate

Every pillar has been summoned, inside the main house, they are having a meeting in one room. The topic of their discussion today is about all kinds of abnormality that has happened so far, after that their last topic is none other than Naoto, again.

"Gyomei, Naoto?"

Gyomei, Sanemi, and Rengoku immediately prostrate in front of Kagaya respectfully.

"I'm sorry oyakata-sama. We can't bring him back, he managed to escape."

""We are sorry for our incompetence oyakata-sama.""

Kagaya still smiling, but there is a hint of sadness in his eyes. Kagaya shook his head and speak with a gentle tone.

"Please raise your head, it's not your fault. It's my negligence that cause Naoto to stray from his path."

Sanemi immediately raised his head and say with a lot of respect.

"Please pardon my rudeness oyakata-sama, but I don't think it's your fault at all."

"Thank you for your kind word Sanemi. Because of Naoto action, the government has set their eyes on him, luckily I manage to hold them back to some extent so they can't arrest him. I just hope he didn't do anything that can cause disturbance anymore. Or even I won't be able to protect him anymore. That's why Shinobu, please forgive me."

Shinobu who sit on the back has been listening to them quietly with a smile all this time, she quickly prostate and speak gratefully.

"Please don't say that oyakata-sama, I feel grateful that you still care about Naoto. This problem is caused by him alone, so oyakata-sama shouldn't feel responsible for it. I will express thanks in his stead oyakata-sama, thank you very much."

"Thank you Shinobu, Naoto is also my beloved swordsmen. Right now we can't bring him back like this, only time can heal the scar in his heart, or until the demon who kills Kanae is slain down. Because of that, please wait patiently Shinobu."

"I understand oyakata-sama, thank you very much."

Kagaya nodded with a soft smile, he proceeds to look at everyone present.

"Then everyone, the meeting for today will end here."

After Kagaya leaves the room, all of the pillars still remained inside the meeting room.

Gyomei takes something wrapped in cloth out from inside his clothes and says to Shinobu.

"Shinobu, this is one of his nichirin blade."

Shinobu who sat quite farther in the back went to Gyomei side and take the cloth from him. She opened it, and a pitch-black meat cleaver with a character 'devour' come into her eyes.

Shinobu stroke the surface of the cleaver with her slender finger, it's cold and rough, Naoto must have used this cleaver a lot. Shinobu smiled at Gyomei.

"Thank you very much, Himejima-san."

Gyomei smile softly, he has known Shinobu and Kanae since they are a child, because he is the one save both of them back then.

"Yes, take care of it."

"Yes, I will keep it until he comes back. Um, did he say anything?"

Gyomei become quiet for a few seconds. He can't say that right now Naoto didn't have any intention to come home for now.

"He... He says that he will come back soon enough. Karasuma say he was sorry."

"I see... Thank you..."